VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Will 2006 doors fit on a 1996 chevy Express?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will doors off of a 2006 Chevrolet Express van fit  and bolt up to my 1996 Chevrolet Express van?
I'm refering to the 60/40 side doors
do you have barn doors now or a slider? highdesertranger
I have the barn doors
so why do you want to change them? highdesertranger
(07-26-2016, 10:20 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: [ -> ]so why do you want to change them?  highdesertranger

i dont like windows and so I was going to put cargo van doors on my conversion van
break out the tape measure. do the hinges line up? is the curve on the outer panel the same? are the striker latches in the same place? did you ask them at the junk yard? highdesertranger
I would hazard a guess and say yes, as the body style changed in 96 to the style they use now......But, like said I would be doing some measurements anyways.
(07-27-2016, 04:52 AM)poncho62 Wrote: [ -> ]I would hazard a guess and say yes, as the body style changed in 96 to the style they use now......But, like said I would be doing some measurements anyways.

Yea , from the windshield back it all looks the same
The 2000 and up Express has a totally different body style, it is much more curved and narrow at the top, I'd be very surprised if they would fit.