VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: So this is as interesting as cooktops get...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've really grown bored shopping the standard RV cooktop and ranges....hard to believe there's so little innovation that even finding something with a flush mounting cover is a challenge. When you step up to the Marine stoves, there's some cool items, but at a hefty price tag. I found a "flameless" propane cooktop on ebay from a UK vendor and it took some searching, but found who makes it...a Polish company called Solgaz.

The ebay listing is for a big 4 burner, but I just sent an inquiry about the 2 burner propane/12v one Solgaz makes for boat and caravan use:

[Image: solgaz_11.gif]

Here's the website in English... I think I'd really like to buy this  Smile
https://solgaz.eu/en/ceramic-gas-hobs/#plyta2+1
I do like the concept. Repair parts/service might be a challenge.

I'm wondering if it's just the way some things get lost in translation ... cause some of their statements are confusing.

From the website,

Savings
• Gas consumption is reduced by up to 50% compared to traditional gas stoves.
• The burners only heat up the hob in designated spots, hence no heat losses.
• There are breaks in gas combustion; when this happens, the burner gives off heat of the heated radiator to the hob’s heating zone, so as not to consume gas all the time. This is the so-called cycle work, which is not found in traditional gas hobs.
Ecology
• Power consumption is minimal (compared to a small light bulb).
• Ten times less carbon monoxide in the fumes makes this stove environmentally-friendly and, above all else, user-friendly.
• Thorough gas combustion protects the environment against pollution.
707 euros before shipping and import duties.
(08-18-2016, 06:26 AM)Matlock Wrote: [ -> ]I do like the concept. Repair parts/service might be a challenge.

I'm wondering if it's just the way some things get lost in translation ... cause some of their statements are confusing.

From the website,

Savings
• Gas consumption is reduced by up to 50% compared to traditional gas stoves.
• The burners only heat up the hob in designated spots, hence no heat losses.
• There are breaks in gas combustion; when this happens, the burner gives off heat of the heated radiator to the hob’s heating zone, so as not to consume gas all the time. This is the so-called cycle work, which is not found in traditional gas hobs.
Ecology
• Power consumption is minimal (compared to a small light bulb).
• Ten times less carbon monoxide in the fumes makes this stove environmentally-friendly and, above all else, user-friendly.
• Thorough gas combustion protects the environment against pollution.

The burn isn't constant like a normal stove.

This heats the plate you set the pot on and when the proper temperature is reached it turns the gas off until that plate cools. Because of this it can use less gas and still provide the heat like an electric burner that doesn't cool as soon as it turns off. I'll have to look into it more to see why the burn is different.
Whew, 707 EU?
That's quite pricey, at least to this broke hippy.
Cool looking product for sure though.
I've always been happy with the standard 3 burner RV stove/oven combos. I personally like having an oven if possible.
(08-18-2016, 10:16 AM)Every Road Leads Home Wrote: [ -> ]I've always been happy with the standard 3 burner RV stove/oven combos.  I personally like having an oven if possible.

I wouldn't mind having an oven and it could easily go under a slide in or surface mount cooktop. What is most desirable to me is either a flush and flat cooktop such as one above, or a "normal" range top that has a well constructed, hinged top that also is flush and flat when closed. Induction would be nice, just too many other variables in energy budget to add one more thing at this point.

I don't understand why I haven't found a flush'n'flat range top so far...all my serches end up looking at the same Atwood and Suburban units with aftermarket lids tacked on...
i was going with those induction cooktops but if i wanted propane it looks like this would be the stove to have! It looks a lot like the induction model, smooth top etc

did you get an anwser on your inquiry on the smaller one?
Nothing yet...sent inquiry to both the ebay seller and a dealer in UK, no response yet...
I am not sure what you are talking about when you say, "flush and flat". do you want it flat with the grate flat or flat with the lid closed? or both? Atwood and Suburban both make lids for their ranges. no need for aftermarket. how the grate or lid comes out in relation to the countertop is up to the installer you can make it flush either way but not both ways. highdesertranger
Pages: 1 2