VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Crap! Medical Coverage loss/change.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just found out I don't qualify for assistance in paying for medical coverage as my employer offers it for free to me. I have been paying $27
a month for Kaiser coverage. One stop shopping, been great for me...Doctor, x-ray and such all in one place....

Have spent the past 6 months working with a surgeon and NP regarding the loss of cartilage. My company also has
been helpful regarding forms and such for the STD coverage.

Now that's not to say I am totally screwed, but now I see that I should have paid more attention to the coverage window
and how will this affect me is still to be determined....

I got my bank to raise the limit on my bank CC so it's at $2,500 but I think the max out of pocket is $3K for this new policy
and while I probably can make that, the previous policy would have been $2,250 out of pocket....

Well, going to go in tonight, have emailed my manager regarding the open enrollment...I'll get more details. Damn, now have
'to start the treadmill once again....
Sorry to hear the dilemma Wanderer. You know I'm a newbie here... thinking your situation is changing...not working, losing that coverage?

I'm currently paying just over $400 a month just for me. It's due to go up 20% and I'll drop it Feb 1st unless Trump gets in and changes things. Otherwise, I'm dropping it. I don't qualify for the AHCA. Go figure I fell through the cracks. I do have disability insurance which will keep me out of the "penalty" area but it only covers stuff under the disability, not general medical. I haven't used my health care all this year, and that's a chunk of change I could have saved... but then, that's why it's called insurance.
Wanderer

I know how you feel, I got a notice that my plan would not be returning next year. I just started with a new back doctor and I doubt he is going to do anything meaningful in two months and I wouldn't likely be able to finish it if he did. He may not like me anyways after I let him know that I am not interested in his set of pills, a tens machine or a new physical therapist. Those things haven't caused the disks to get thicker for 25 years and won't keep them from getting thinner either. I just don't have another 6 months to waste on those like I wasted this year.

I will say that when I had Kaiser a while back that they were willing to do the surgeries, I wasn't ready.
Are you saying you have free coverage from employer but it has a higher deductible this year?
(11-01-2016, 07:19 AM)ccbreder Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying you have free coverage from employer but it has a higher deductible this year?

I will be getting it from the employer starting next year. Yes it's $3K Max deductible....Kaiser is $2,250....
(10-31-2016, 02:40 PM)DrJean Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear the dilemma Wanderer.  You know I'm a newbie here... thinking your situation is changing...not working, losing that coverage?

I'm currently paying just over $400 a month just for me.  It's due to go up 20% and I'll drop it Feb 1st unless Trump gets in and changes things. Otherwise, I'm dropping it.  I don't qualify for the AHCA. Go figure I fell through the cracks.  I do have disability insurance which will keep me out of the "penalty" area but it only covers stuff under the disability, not general medical.  I haven't used my health care all this year, and that's a chunk of change I could have saved... but then, that's why it's called insurance.

Oh, no I am working, was getting the insurance as I was PT with Walmart, but had to quit and get a "Hip happy" job so as to save money and get ready for hip surgery, but now am losing what I feel is a better quality of care. 

Had I gotten FT with Walmart, I'd have had the surgery already or just be getting ready to go under the knife....
(10-31-2016, 02:22 PM)Wanderer Wrote: [ -> ]...for the STD coverage...

Nobody?!? Nobody at all??? I guess I'll try and be mature...lol.

Anyways, that stinks about the coverage stuff. I hope your back and hip get taken care of and if there's pain, that it's as little of that as possible.