VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Ryobi drill driver - reconditioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Purchasing a Ryobi drill driver is on my list and WalMart has reconditioned ones with a battery and charger for $39.99 which is quite a savings.  Has anyone purchased any reconditioned Ryobi tools?  Specifically from WalMart if that's where you got it from.
Can't help with this one, sorry
I've bought several reconditioned items from Walmart, but no tools. I got a soundbar Vizio for about half price and it works fine. They guarantee the reconditioned for a shorter time I think but still, Walmart has a good return policy.

Looking for a cheap driver myself. Rob
Factory reconditioned tools are generally a safe bet...often there was never anything wrong with it, just got returned for whatever reason to one of the big box stores who then send it back to factory for re-packaging.

The Factory-Reconditioned Ryobi ZRHJP004 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Keyless Drill Driver you're looking at isn't actually sold by Walmart, its sold by CPO, one of the biggest reconditioning outlets. 

They offer a 60 day warranty and unless it says somewhere that manufacturer's warranty is in effect, assume it is not. Still, 60 days is plenty of time to determine if it works properly. You'd save even more by ordering from CPO directly ...only $32

Keep in mind you are looking at a 12v tool with a 3/8" arbor, not the more common 18v with 1/2" arbor...
(11-08-2016, 09:07 PM)BradKW Wrote: [ -> ]Factory reconditioned tools are generally a safe bet...often there was never anything wrong with it, just got returned for whatever reason to one of the big box stores who then send it back to factory for re-packaging.

The Factory-Reconditioned Ryobi ZRHJP004 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Keyless Drill Driver you're looking at isn't actually sold by Walmart, its sold by CPO, one of the biggest reconditioning outlets. 

They offer a 60 day warranty and unless it says somewhere that manufacturer's warranty is in effect, assume it is not. Still, 60 days is plenty of time to determine if it works properly. You'd save even more by ordering from CPO directly ...only $32

Keep in mind you are looking at a 12v tool with a 3/8" arbor, not the more common 18v with 1/2" arbor...

Thanks for the information.  I'm not especially handy but thought it would be wise to have a drill driver in my tool kit.
Another advantage of a 12volt drill is you can run it directly off the vehicle battery(ies)if you don't have a charge in the drill batt.
a side note to all of this. the authorized DeWalt service center by me will trade any competitors tool strait across for a like tool. it doesn't matter the shape. so you could take that remanufactured Ryobi and trade it for a brand new Dewalt. you could also take in a beat to hell Ryobi and trade it in. imo DeWalt is 2-3 levels above Ryobi. highdesertranger
hdr
Jaw wide open........
Great deal !!
Get the 18V Ryobi at Home Despot. BEST cordless tools period. Christmas is coming, so there is usually a deal. The Lithium batteries are amazballs. Even the 4" circular saw is actually usable, and the set I have has the vibrato-tool that was made popular by Horror Fright. I used one to cut the wall open on my trailer, and wifey used it to sand the window frames in the den...
(11-08-2016, 09:44 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: [ -> ]a side note to all of this.  the authorized DeWalt service center by me will trade any competitors tool strait across for a like tool.  it doesn't matter the shape.  so you could take that remanufactured Ryobi and trade it for a brand new Dewalt.  you could also take in a beat to hell Ryobi and trade it in.  imo DeWalt is 2-3 levels above Ryobi.  highdesertranger

Whaaaat?? Address plz...packing a truck of old crap tools in warehouse, will hit the road for this distributer tomorrow   Smile
Pages: 1 2