VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Wardrobe & Laundry Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After three years in a regular length van I know I could get by with less wardrobe, but I like having options. Let's see, my main wardrobe is approximately:
6 shorts
5 jeans
5 long sleeve T's
12 short sleeve T's
1 flannel shirt
1 chambray shirt
2 dozen pair of socks
2 dozen underwear

Winter clothing:
2 long sleeve, mock turtle neck, compression fit, fancy synthetic high tech fibre T's
1 hoodie
1 sweatshirt
1 fleece pullover
1 thick flannel jacket with quilted lining
1 leather jacket
1 barn coat
1 thermal vest
2 pair gloves
2 knit caps
1 scarf
6 pairs of heavy wool socks

I avoid freezing temperatures.

I do laundry every two or three weeks, or whenever my laundry bag is full. I do one big washer load and then two loads in the dryers -- one for things that dry quickly, one for things that take longer.
I have 7 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of dress slacks, and 9 tops which I wear pretty much all the time. I have 4 sets of sweatpants/sweatshirts, 2 weeks worth of undergarments, 2 skirts/blouses for church or for other situations that call for me to dress accordingly, 2 pairs of tennis shoes, 1 pair of hiking boots, 1 pair of slippers, and 1 pair of dress shoes. I have 2 winter coats, too. They all fit into 3 totes and as far as doing laundry goes, I wash my stuff once a week and I do it for free since I work at a homeless shelter. Big Grin

VanGrrl57 Smile
Pages: 1 2