VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Wardrobe & Laundry Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

As a guy still in the planning phase I'd like to get a picture of what clothes people have on the road to handle temperatures down to 32F to see if I have enough storage room in my (eventual) vehicle of choice.

I'd like to know:

- How many jeans, T-shirts, underwear, socks, sweatshirts, winter coats, etc. do you have?
- How often do you do laundry?
- How many loads of laundry do you do at one time?
- What sort of rig do you have along with it's size (40ft class A, 19ft Class B, extended cargo van, etc.)?

Many thanks!
I own 3 pairs of pants, somewhat more jeans, 3 sets of gym cloths, and some sweats, along with a few good jackets
I live in a 20ft travel trailer, and i wash every week
I'll likely travel, for now, in my Ranger with cap, we'll see how that goes
Ford Explorer camper. Have about 7 pairs of cargo pants and an assortment of flannel shirts and T-shirts numbering a dozen or so. It all fits in one of those Sterilite bins. Laundry is done weekly.
Without doing an inventory I have probably 3 Sterilite 23 qt totes (those 6" deep ones) full of clothes. i have 2 that I don't put the lids on, just use them to contain things so they don't go all over the place.

How long I can go without doing laundry depends entirely on what the weather is - all warm and sunny all the time, well then I'm running out of light t's and shorts....cold and yucky all the time...then I'm out of sweatshirts.

With mixed weather I could probably go at least 3 weeks before being desperate to do laundry but I seldom get to that point.

The laundry hamper (a storage compartment under the bed above the wheel well gets full to the point where the lid won't close...then it's time to do laundry.

Typically 2 loads - one of light/sheets/towels and one dark load.
I live in a short WB van...laundry weekly, 2 loads 1) clothes 2) bedding. Clothes.. 1 jacket, 1 raincoat, 3 jeans, 6 pair socks and underwear, 1 sweatpants, 3 shorts, 3 sweatshirts and 6 t shirts.
Five pairs of jeans, four pairs of shorts, wind shell type jacket, winter coat plus hat and gloves, three long sleeved shirts, too many sweaters, sweatshirts and fleece, and (the most important thing f you want to avoid trips to the laundromat) 22 pairs of underwear and socks, and 22 tee shirts.

Laundromat every three weeks. Two loads in the humongous washers about $6.00 each

25' class C with a lot of storage space
Yea while I was in the van (though it was a large van) I basically brought my wardrobe down to only the basics; A few pairs of jeans, half dozen (or slightly more) T-shirts, a few over-shirts like flannels, two different thicknesses of jackets. I usually also carried a pair of thermal underwear, two pairs of wool socks, and an assortment of gloves/beanies for the colder months. Those would all get packed away into a not-so-easy-to-reach spot during the summer. Underwear and socks are the main things I do not double up too many days so as many as I can get my hands on in both.

I did laundry once a week normally, but could stretch it to two weeks.
I wear the same gym shorts for multiple days, as well as another pair of khaki shorts, one pair of jeans I hardly wear tho I'm sure I will as temps drop. A few shirts and tank tops. And of course a hoodie and light jacket. Do laundry perhaps every other week. Unless I'm working.
(11-12-2016, 11:58 AM)Bster13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

As a guy still in the planning phase I'd like to get a picture of what clothes people have on the road to handle temperatures down to 32F to see if I have enough storage room in my (eventual) vehicle of choice.

I'd like to know:

- How many jeans, T-shirts, underwear, socks, sweatshirts, winter coats, etc. do you have?
- What sort of rig do you have along with it's size (40ft class A, 19ft Class B, extended cargo van, etc.)?

Many thanks!

7 pair of slacks...Maybe 8. 12 shirts and 12 shorts and 7 pair socks...
I light duty coat, 1 medium and 1 parka...
Laundry is done once a week. One load does all (I don't have whites, so no separating)
1998 Dodge B1500 van...
(11-12-2016, 11:58 AM)Bster1 Wrote: [ -> ]- How many jeans, T-shirts, underwear, socks, sweatshirts, winter coats, etc. do you have?

Many thanks!
Rain jacket, fleece jacket, quilted flannel shirt, 4 tshirts, 2 long sleeve shirts for sleeping, 2 lightweight polypropylene long sleeve shirts for warmth, 2 or 3 lightweight short sleeved cotton button shirts

2 nylon lightweight pants, cotton/nylon camo pants, fleece pants for warmth, nylon shorts, polypropylene long underwear,

12 pair underwear, 6 or more pair socks of various weights.

My clothes would easily fit into an 18 gallon rubbermaid tote.

The nylon pants and lightweight cotton button up shirts and tshirts get worn in most weather and washed most often. The other clothes get worn less or arent next to my skin and get less dirty so get washed less.

I handwash underwear, pants and shirts and hang to dry. At 20% humidity with a good wind they dry instantly. Seems like I wash every 7 to 10 days.

Cotton jeans dry the slowest and I think I wont bring any this year.

The best travel advice I got was from my sister for my first extended travel. She said "take all your underwear". And I did. And running out of underwear is still what gets me to do laundry. Smile

I would like to go longer between washings but the length of clothesline I have limits me.

In 4 months I used a laundromat once. Otherwise I handwashed.
Pages: 1 2