VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Taking the leap.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Next Sat., Feb 4rth, 2017.

% done on conversion...0%! Wheeeeeee! We are planning on doing the conversion part on the fly. Smart? Prob not lol...but we just want to get outside. We have 100w solar and a 100ah battery. Battery was acting up, might need to be replaced. Otherwise we are bringing 2 vehicles. Driving the 1800 miles and hope both vehicles make it. Will sleep in minivan(2cnd vehicle) until I get the flooring done in the big van. No idea how long that will be. Have Ryobi power tools and planning on buying materials when they are needed. I have been flip flopping on whether to go and trust that it will work, or staying put for a few months until big van is sleepable and then selling\donate the minivan. It was a lot of pressure, but now that I am posting this, I feel a weight lifted and feel like I can finally make decisions again.

Anyways...I'm getting excited again, for a few weeks there, the indecisiveness on my part was really tainting the whole nomad idea. But we are going to take our best shot and no regrets. ☺
Best wishes let us know how it goes!
Wheeee!! I bet it works out great!! What doesn't is just a lesson to be learned and shared ;-)
Best of luck, man, I'm sure you got this under control
(01-29-2017, 08:06 PM)Cry Wrote: [ -> ]Next Sat., Feb 4rth, 2017.

% done on conversion...0%! Wheeeeeee! We are planning on doing the conversion part on the fly.
<----snip---->
Anyways...I'm getting excited again, for a few weeks there, the indecisiveness on my part was really tainting the whole nomad idea. But we are going to take our best shot and no regrets. ☺
Good news. Smile  Taking two vehicles will give you a safety net in case you have problems with one, but the main thing is you won't have to pick things up when you and yours decide to go to bed. That, and sleeping in the smaller van will help keep it a bit warmer in the tail end of these cold months. Of course that will all be worked out by next year I'm sure.
Good Luck with your new adventures.
Does't sound like the worst idea. Two vehicles means one can be set up to work on, the other to live in. One can be used to grab materials with out having to pack everything up on the other. If one breaks down you have another to get where you need to go, etc.

I firmly believe life was meant to be an adventure. You can't plot every course and pre plan every decision or else you'll never get out there. Winging it type adventures always turn out to be the best trips and make for some great memories and stories later on down the road.

Good luck! Post pictures as you go if you can.