VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Tap a talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm learning to use it now since my internet has gone down.
Any hints for ease of use would be helpful?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
There is no ease of use with Tapatalk.

The development is a clown car experience, and they love to change the UI around at random after everyone got over the pain of the last aberation. I bought it and use it, but only when I am desperate.
I don't use it myself.

By an interesting coincidence, the other forum I hang out on, American Adventurist, is no longer supporting it  for what appear to be some very good reasons.  Details here:

https://americanadventurist.com/forum/th...talk.4611/
I tried Tap a Talk once, but found it far too limited, even more so than basic cellphone use.
Thanks folks. I was under the impression that Tapatalk had to be used for forum surfing via cell phone?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nope. Cell phones work fine alone.
(02-02-2017, 04:40 AM)Optimistic Paranoid Wrote: [ -> ]By an interesting coincidence, the other forum I hang out on, American Adventurist, is no longer supporting it  for what appear to be some very good reasons.  Details here:

https://americanadventurist.com/forum/th...talk.4611/

After reading that article, I uninstalled tapatalk from my phone. Scary! Thanks for posting that link,
Interesting info on that forum page. I found Tap a Talk simply irritatingly limited in capabilities. Had no idea it had become "Ransomeware". Bad JUJU!
I will avoid like the plague.
I don't think they mean "ransomware" in the current black hat sense. IMO the app (as much as I dislike it) does not represent any unusual security risk to the user.

What the forumsphere needs is someone to develop an open source, non-annoying competitor to Tapatalk. One that you could use from a web interface on a PC if you wanted so you could manage all your forums in one place. It's such a neat idea done so very poorly.
I clicked on the link but I can't access it. What's scary about Tapatalk?
Pages: 1 2