VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: What your dog can see that you cannot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since so many have dogs as their best friends ... I thought I would share this article I read ... enjoy ... 

http://www.iloveallmydogs.com/11-things-...-you-cant/
my back
ok I can believe the ultraviolet light part but, but farts and the magnetic field of the earth. I don't know about that. highdesertranger
I would love to see farts! Not because of any fetish, but because I would always know who the the secret one fly!
Ghosts

Beef jerkey through a led lined box

The mailman 5 blocks away

It can also tell when the bath is being drawn for them, and when you are going to take them to the vet.   Wink
(02-14-2017, 07:19 PM)GotSmart Wrote: [ -> ]It can also tell when the bath is being drawn for them, and when you are going to take them to the vet.   Wink

And how the heck do they actually know this is one of life's great mysteries.  

My dog also knows which wrapper crinkle is something i'll give him some of and which ones I won't.  If I'm opening a candy wrapper he won't even lift his head because I wont feed him candy.  But open a ham, egg, and cheese from Dunkin donuts and he's at full attention.
(02-14-2017, 07:32 PM)Every Road Leads Home Wrote: [ -> ]My dog also knows which wrapper crinkle is something i'll give him some of and which ones I won't.
That might have more to do with their nose. If an item sits in a container for any length of time, the odor will penetrate the wrapper. They are not waiting for you to tell them what is inside. They already know.
My dogs love going to the vet; I have one of the world's best vet clinics in my town, just for the people more than anything (although they do have some state-of-the-art equipment too).
My dog knows my routes to certain places and freaks out if there is any deviation. That is going to be bridge I will have to cross once I start full timing. I have no idea how much of it is sight and how much of it is smell but she KNOWS. And she knows when I turn from the usual route up to the lake to go to the vet and I know she knows where we are going because she doesn't freak out but instead just gets all sad and depressed. Poor thing. She doesn't like going to get shots.
So, when Fido starts peeing with his head pointed opposite from normal, we'll know that the Earth's magnetic poles have swapped again.... Cool

(Those with dogs, please take a compass with you on yer next walk and see which way his/her head faces.)   Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3