VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: History of the RV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://youtu.be/H_vLR5DCYa8

Of all the thousands of RV YouTube videos I sift through, this one popped up. It's the history of auto tent camping, then travel trailers, then RVs. It shows a glimpse of the Partridge Family skoolie, the Corvair Ultravan, the Vanagon, the beginnings of Airstream, ect. It is absolutely awesome, such history. I've even bought The Long, Long, Trailer with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. It looks really funny.
Smile Thank you for the link.........Also Long Long Trailer is a favorite of mine.

Jewellann
I'm sure I'll enjoy watching this almost hour long video.  Smile
Dangit! I wanna watch this right now, but I'm bandwidth too constricted. I did add it to my Watch Later list! :-)
OK, watched it. Pretty danged interesting. I enjoyed it, thanks for posting. Smile
What is scary is I've owned a lot of these, bad enough they made a museum out of my old work place!
OMG, I just watched The Long, Long Trailer. "Now how much are we going to be paying in rent a year?"
"$1700."
"Ok, see for only $1800, we can have a home on wheels and not pay rent, go where we want."
Nomads, 1950s style.

The funny thing is, when they go over the pass, that's just how I am when driving in the mountains! I have enough of a time with my one piece van, that is precisely why I didn't want to be pulling a trailer.

Really cute movie, just what I need for this rainy, dreary, way too long winter.
(02-19-2017, 08:57 PM)Vanholio Wrote: [ -> ]Dangit! I wanna watch this right now, but I'm bandwidth too constricted. I did add it to my Watch Later list! :-)

Depending on whether it's your personal constricted bandwidth, or where/when you're trying to stream/watch; there ARE ways to download YouTube videos to your computer to watch offline later ...