VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: what do you think about this Express van?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So if someone was planning to do vandwelling in the city , would you buy this?
Your thoughts,  the good ?, the bad ? Go for it or stay clear? Thanks
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...xpress-Van
Questionable motor replace the (why done in 2010), no mention of trans work, bad A/C, rust evident it says...
Lots to think about on that one. If they would drop $1K maybe, but you'd likely put that right back in it. The rust is a concern for me...

Dont get fooled by new tires and rims... you'd be better served with AT tires anyway, a lot of Wranglers are just passenger rated tires, not true LT tires (weaker sidewalls).

That's what I see so far anyway.
Big city? Which one?

Not the style you want if stealth is important.
(02-25-2017, 01:11 PM)John61CT Wrote: [ -> ]Big city? Which one?

Not the style you want if stealth is important.

It's super stealthy , the windows have really nice paneling over
them , you could be in the interior at night with the interior lights full
brightness and from the ouside observer it just looks like a empty 
conversion van , no light shines through whats so ever.
Lots of duct tape and zip ties, and dangling wires. Rain spout for ??? Which A/C unit doenst work (the window unit or the vehicles?)
It makes me wonder what else is cobbled.
(02-26-2017, 08:46 AM)gargoyle Wrote: [ -> ]Lots of duct tape and zip ties, and dangling wires.  Rain spout for ??? Which A/C unit doenst work (the window unit or the vehicles?)
It makes me wonder what else is cobbled.
That air conditioner box is solid , needs prettied up which could easily be done in
probably 1 hour , that's what I meant when I said all this van mostly needs is 
cleaned and polished up ,  just little simple stuff .

The vans under hood Ac doesn't work.
The window unit works great.

The dangling wires are because I was having battery charger issues and
so I have 2 chargers hooked up in the picture , the one on the right will be 
removed as will all the dangling wires.

The zip ties in the ceiling lights is because I've been experimenting with
the lights to get the best lighting , I have it figured out where I want
the lights I just have to mount them correctly.

I use the down spout as a hvac tube to run heat into my 
sleeping bag from my furnace , furnace doesn't come with van.
I'm selling the Propex 2800 furnace separate for $800 installed.
Well you seem positive about it, just get those mechanicals and rust checked, decide if you need the ac fixed (crapshoot, could simply be a leaky Schroeder valve all the way to a bad compressor), then look at your budget... a lot of the work has been done, as long as you like what you get. You're paying for it.
who cares about some rust. we're not talking about the frame rusted in half or something. cars rust, it's not brand new and it's not priced like it is.
Here's a picture of its keys and remotes.  I'll get a pic of the windshield blind later
(02-25-2017, 12:56 PM)dusty98 Wrote: [ -> ]Questionable motor replace the (why done in 2010), no mention of trans work, bad A/C, rust evident it says...
Lots to think about on that one.  If they would drop $1K maybe, but you'd likely put that right back in it.  The rust is a concern for me...

Dont get fooled by new tires and rims... you'd be better served with AT tires anyway, a lot of Wranglers are just passenger rated tires, not true LT tires (weaker sidewalls).

That's what I see so far anyway.

I had the engine replaced in 2010 , it had 132000 miles on it , I did this because I 
wanted to make sure it was reliable because i was planning to live in it , I knew anything
else I could swap out easy but if I were to run into internal engine problems  I would 
be screwed.

As far as I know the transmission is the original,  I did have Ammco transmission do
transmission filter change and flush . (AMMCO transmission desmoines Iowa Hickman rd)

I'll adjust the price to $5500 or best offer
Pages: 1 2