VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Hose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's been a few times I've wished I had a hose, because once in a while I stay at spots with a water hook up and often the spigot is too low to fill my jugs, which is the case where I am now. I don't have the space for a regular hose, but I picked up one of those collapsing hoses.  It's a cheapy and I wouldn't have bought one in my gardening days, but damn, I'm feeling RICH. I don't have a ladder to get on the trailer roof to clean the solar panels, but standing on the fender I can easily wash them with the hose.  Tomorrow I'm washing the whole trailer - life is good. 14 bucks well spent
That's one of those products you need to get your money's worth out of pretty quick. Seems like they like to develop pin holes pretty quick. Maybe they have improved though Smile
I was looking at those collapsible hoses too, the reviews were not all that great. There was one that had like a 4.5 rating with lots of reviewers, but it was out of my budget. I went with a decently rated 25' drinking hose for 10$. Let us know how your hose holds up after awhile if you think of it. I still want one.
(03-27-2017, 07:14 PM)Wabbit Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at those collapsible hoses too, the reviews were not all that great. There was one that had like a 4.5 rating with lots of reviewers, but it was out of my budget. I went with a decently rated 25' drinking hose for 10$. Let us know how your hose holds up after awhile if you think of it. I still want one.

They had several at Walmart ranging from the $14 one I got up to $49.  I don't expect this to last too long, but for the occasional use I'll give it it will do the job .....I think. I wouldn't use it if it was going to have constant water charge.
is it rated for potable water. highdesertranger
@IanC-yeah the high rated one was $59 I think. Then there was a few from 15-25$. If you dropped $50 on it, its prob way better quality than the $15-$25 ones.
(03-27-2017, 08:05 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: [ -> ]is it rated for potable water.  highdesertranger

Not sure, but some of the water I've drank in my life (South America comes to mind) either I've dodged a lot of bullets or I'm invincible...LOL
If your around some place with full hook ups year round the potable white hoses don't last long in the high heat sun light with full pressure on them. I just wait till one bursts and cut off the first few feet and carry it to fill jugs, only problem is you make a lot of new friends while waiting to let them fill their jugs, so I carry a few that I can just give away.
I'm a Flexzilla fanboy.

Both for air and water.
For any hose to contaminate water, the water has to sit in it for a bit. By letting the water flow to flush the contaminated stuff we are good to go. If I had a hose feeding a RV water system with permanent hose, I would want a potable rated hose. Other wise, there are many other water problems to worry over.
Pages: 1 2