VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: butyl tape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i'm going to need a bunch,is there a brand name/type to get? i seem to remember reading/hearing that the darker grey is better?
yep that's the good stuff^. highdesertranger
(06-01-2017, 02:40 PM)John61CT Wrote: [ -> ]the best butyl tape http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/rebedding_hardware

Gee I couldnt make heads nor' tails out of that entire 1st page other than the author wants all holes countersunk... where was the butyl discussed? I did think it was a good idea to make a "string" of butyl to wrap the bolt head with, and I also noted (very bottom of page 1) that he is very opposed to any usage of silicone, which is something we should remember when sealing roof penetrations...

Anyway, though I got lost in the sailboat/marine discussion on boring holes properly, at least I learned to countersink things...  Smile

Oh, mods, is there a chance that products that come well recommended could be assembled/listed in some form as a sticky somewhere so that we wouldn't have to read random threads to find out what sealant is best, or what grade bolts to use, etc...?
That Author comes better qualified than you suggest.
(06-01-2017, 05:31 PM)This world isnt home Wrote: [ -> ]Gee I couldnt make heads nor' tails out of that entire 1st page other than the author wants all holes countersunk... where was the butyl discussed?
Keep going, purchase link in the last section, page 3, also Rod's email address for questions.
(06-01-2017, 05:31 PM)This world isn Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, mods, is there a chance that products that come well recommended could be assembled/listed in some form as a sticky somewhere so that we wouldn't have to read random threads to find out what sealant is best, or what grade bolts to use, etc...?

There are too many products for a sticky but you could try looking through this forum for a specific product - http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Foru...ct-Reviews
(06-01-2017, 08:45 PM)John61CT Wrote: [ -> ]Keep going, purchase link in the last section, page 3, also Rod's email address for questions.

on that link he sells a minimum of 2 50ft rolls,on his site i linked to he sells individual 50ft rolls,i found another boating site in maine that sells it but with higher shipping,didnt see anything west coast or ebay
I was just answering This world, said he didn't see it.

I didn't think there'd be any other sources, since AFAIK Rod has it made custom-ordered to his specs.
Pages: 1 2