VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Boondocking along I-40 in western Oklahoma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for the input.  I typically do the same, and have also overnighted at Cracker Barrels, but I have never done that in a motel chain parking lot.  I have wondered if that is possible and have almost asked at the desk several times if that was okay.  Of course, a Prius, like you said, is much more stealthy than my van. 

I have done the Elk City Walmart in the past, but was curious what anyone else has done so thanks for sharing.
(09-17-2017, 07:08 AM)Theadyn Wrote: [ -> ]Elk Citizen here.  I would suggest places, but you already named them.  Smile  If I can be any further help just let me know.  Best of luck!!

Needed to make a correction to my comment to you.  The park/pool I mentioned is actually in Sayre.  I tend to get those towns in western Oklahoma mixed up.
I camped at Roman Nose State Park off 51A abouto 120 miles northwest of OKC. Price wasn't too high. The land was granted by US Govt to a Chief called Roman Nose. It stands out in the area. There's an artesian well where water gushes out of the ground (i've never seen that) and forms a stream that runs through a meadow into a dammed lake. There's a resort with a restaurant with pretty reasonable (for a resort) prices. They have indoor and outdoor eating areas overlooking the lake and surrounding area. Lots of eagles, hawks, owls, coyotes, and probably snakes. Nice tent-only area overlooking a marsh where I saw lots of waterfowl and heard choruses of frogs at night.
I've spent a lot of time in the Cheyenne area and have never seen a Walmart store of any kind???   lenny flank Wrote:Gettin your kicks on Route 66, eh?  Wink

I spent the night in a Walmart in Cheyenne OK while I was visiting the Washita Massacre Park nearby. Dont know if that helps.
(06-30-2018, 04:51 PM)AreWeLostYet Wrote: [ -> ]Roman Nose State Park off 51A abouto 120 miles northwest of OKC. Price wasn't too high. The land was granted by US Govt to a Chief called Roman Nose. It stands out in the area. There's an artesian well where water gushes out of the ground...
Sacred ground, IMO, where Earth freely gives its most precious gift where it's truly needed!
Pages: 1 2