VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Camoflage Netting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have one of these and they make great shade while still allowing air flow.  Let your imagination tell you if you can use one for what ever reason.  Add the spreader paddles and it can be a relatively easy set up. 

https://colemans.com/shop/military-tents...ing-large/
(10-25-2017, 07:49 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: [ -> ]I have one of these and they make great shade while still allowing air flow.  Let your imagination tell you if you can use one for what ever reason.  Add the spreader paddles and it can be a relatively easy set up. 

https://colemans.com/shop/military-tents...ing-large/

Note, this site is 54.95, Amazon is 74.95, same size, same desciption.
I used to have a slightly different pattern (if that's the word) of that stuff. I used it to for the roof on a shaded area I built when restoring an old muscle car when I was a kid.

Great stuff. Provided plenty of shade and allowed air to pass through, keeping things much cooler.
Plus, military surplus has 'Radar Scattering' ability- see the little NATO tag
There were tiny pieces of wire in the faux leaves.
So, if you want to be invisible to ground surveillance radar ...

Was lots of fun setting that stuff up ...  LoL
Camo netting makes a great shady and cool spot.  If you can get the larger square pieces (20' x 20' or so) and two spreaders you run the netting between two rvs and have a huge  kickback area. Combine it with some playatech furniture and you have a huge cozy living room. The playatech furniture is just plywood that gets put together in such a way that it is structurally sound with no hardware, just snaps together. My brothers set up a nice campsite when they go out using camo netting and this furniture.  The furniture folds down into flat plywood pieces when disassembled.

Playatech Furniture Plans
The one I have is one I used when I was in the Army... Field Artillery. Don't remember the size but rolled up it takes up a whole wooden crate (the kind we put albums in back in the day) Kinda pinched it when I got out. I've used it many times over my old Scotty and it does indeed make some great shade and holds up well on very windy days.
(10-26-2017, 02:38 AM)Motrukdriver Wrote: [ -> ]... Kinda pinched it when I got out.  

You didn't "pinch it"....it's camoflage !!!  You couldn't see it to return it.
I found some white (winter) camo netting -- a quarter piece -- at a surplus place in Utah. White = less heat absorption. It's sandwiched with nylon webbing. I clip one side to the rain gutter with spring clamps and use two painter poles to hold up the opposite side.
(10-25-2017, 09:24 PM)UptownSport Wrote: [ -> ]Plus, military surplus has 'Radar Scattering' ability- see the little NATO tag
There were tiny pieces of wire in the faux leaves.
So, if you want to be invisible to ground surveillance radar ...

Ah Man, you beat me to it! Cool  BigT, What muscle car?
so there is no need for the tin foil hat when under these? highdesertranger
Pages: 1 2