VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Dicor lap sealant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installing one roof vent ... is one tube enough.. two? What do I use to seal the shore power inlet on the side of the van?
(11-05-2017, 06:25 PM)bpdchief Wrote: [ -> ]Installing one roof vent ... is one tube enough.. two? What do I use to seal the shore power inlet on the side of the van?

We just installed a roof vent on our fiberglass high top, and used Dicor Butyl tape and one tube of lap sealant. Hope that helps! They also have “no sag” sealants that may work for the shore power inlet!
always use butyl tape first. the marine stuff is the best. if nobody posts a link for it I will try to find my link. on the roof vent butyl tape then screw the vent down then use the self leveling sealant. after a couple of days check for 100% coverage add more if needed. on the side use butyl tape only. highdesertranger
Dicor has a none self leveling variety for use on vertical surfaces.
Do you guys have any recommendations of non dicor products that are decent? Lap sealant and also a non sagging product if you know of any. Does 3m or dap make anything comparable in your experience?
Thanks
Dicor has two products, one is for flat surfaces and is self leveling (roof vents, etc.), the other is like a regular caulk. These are the only two I will use on my van. They have been the industry standard for a long time.