VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Reflectic and felt on windows.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put black felt over reflectix with some gorilla glue spray. Then I put velcro on the felt. Doesn't seem to be a good idea, the felt actually sticks fairly well, but will probably get week. The velcro back does not stick well to the felt. Any ideas? What have you done for stealth on your windows?
Spray the back of the velcro with your gorilla glue then stick it to the felt. Or sew the velcro to the felt. Or staple it.
I just put Gorilla tape on reflex and velcro on that. It has been on there for years.
I put some magnet tabs on mine
I sewed the edges with a traditional seam but didn't use felt.  I used a jersey, but wish I had gotten a nice stiff weave.  Velcro on that fabric sticks well enough.  Do you have a hot glue gun?
(11-19-2017, 01:01 PM)idrankwhat Wrote: [ -> ]I put black felt over reflectix with some gorilla glue spray. Then I put velcro on the felt. Doesn't seem to be a good idea, the felt actually sticks fairly well, but will probably get week. The velcro back does not stick well to the felt. Any ideas? What have you done for stealth on your windows?

Looking outside of the van with the felt over the Reflectix, you can't see anything inside. I have 75% tinting on the side and back barn door windows. I haven't tried the drive and passenger side windows yet. Those are tinted to 50% according to Virginia law. I'm curious if there might be a some silver glistening through the felt.
I just used staples and stapled around the edges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk