VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Oh geez...stuck at the flying J off I 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Oh... got all the way down here...and stopped at the flying J at exit 1 off I10
Stuck.   RV won't start!   Good grief.

Do I have to go into Ehrenberg tonight to get a permit?   I just want to park this and call it a day.   If I can get over to the camp area...about 3 miles more.

Ah geez. Help?
No permit needed for Ehrenberg.

That and it's okay to park overnight at the Flying J if you have to.

Keep bumping this thread until one of the people already out on the Mesa sees it.
(11-24-2017, 04:22 PM)RoamingKat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh... got all the way down here...and stopped at the flying J at exit 1 off I10
Stuck.   RV won't start!   Good grief.

Do I have to go into Ehrenberg tonight to get a permit?   I just want to park this and call it a day.   If I can get over to the camp area...about 3 miles more.

Ah geez.    Help?

A similar thing happened to me in my diesel pusher while heading back from Alaska.  It was at a flying-J north of Salt Lake City.  We were able to get a repair person who talked with Freightliner.  It turned out to be a bad starter relay.   We replaced it with a starter relay that was actually for a Ford truck.
Flying J doesn't not want me here.

I am worried that no mechanic garage will be open over the weekend.....Smidge and I are a bit stuck. Wish I had just come straight over to the camp area!

GoodSams is going to try to find a mechanic to help me. Friday night...might not be much.
Over the last 3 months everything has been replaced. Except the gas tank and the bottom of the engine (top..head and manifold done in Sept).

New starter. New ignition switch, new starter coils and control module, new master computer. New distributor, Both fuel pumps. New transmission. New transmission lines, New battery, all new cables. New water pump, new A/C compressor and all new lines. New belts, new hoses, new radiator.

I just drove 3 days from Grand Junction without a single hiccup.
Is the gear shift in park all the way? What are Honey's symptoms?
Yes...all the way into park.

Engine turns...but will not catch. Like..no fuel maybe?

All electrical comes on.
Waiting for text message back from someone in the area.

Hopefully they can either send someone that's in their camp or text/find someone that's close to you.

I'm barely  in to CA from OR so I'm not much help.... Big Grin Can only  hand hold remotely!!
Will she start after a shot of ether, and keep running?
check for spark then check for fuel. if you have an old or new plug pull a spark plug wire off inset the extra plug set it on the engine so you can see the gap and turn the engine over. you should see it spark. if you have spark reinstall the plug wire and pour a little gas down the carb and try to start it. that will narrow it down. highdesertranger
Pages: 1 2 3 4