VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Traveling with pink slip or car title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you??
If you have an engine failure or crash that makes you decide to replace the vehicle you need whatever your state uses for proof of ownership to be able to sell it.  If your van doesn't work it makes it hard to go get paperwork.  

I do.  It means someone could steal it and they would have the paperwork they need to sell it.
(12-28-2017, 10:42 AM)Trebor English Wrote: [ -> ]If you have an engine failure or crash that makes you decide to replace the vehicle you need whatever your state uses for proof of ownership to be able to sell it.  If your van doesn't work it makes it hard to go get paperwork.  

I do.  It means someone could steal it and they would have the paperwork they need to sell it.

Probably best to leave it with a trusted relative if you have one so they could mail it to you if needed
(12-28-2017, 10:32 AM)wagoneer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you??

Yep, have it right at the visor. I never transferred it (On paper) from the loan company. If the van gets wrecked out, I'll just hand them the title and sign it off myself.  The idiot who tries to sell it, ain't getting more than $200 for it....

I actually am tempted to fix a couple things before letting it go and giving it away to someone who could use it to get to work and back and maybe use it as a cargo van.....