VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Window sills/frames?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my high top, my windows are surrounded with 1" of rtech and 1/4 wood. There is an obvious 1" uncovered area around the window and the insulation is clearly visible ... not too mention, the wood cut around the window is not the straightest.   Dodgy

Does anyone have any ideas on how to cover this area so the insulation doesn't show? I haven't been able to discover a solution.

Side window

Other side window

Last pic
Myself I would just add more rtech in those areas. Anytime I see any area that has no insulation, I always add some in there. For me rtech solves everything. It would easily bend to the contours.

You can use decorator self sticking tape to cover up the rtech, it comes in a roll, they even got some that looks like wood paneling. 

You did a good job with the wood paneling. 

[attachment=20147]
(07-13-2018, 10:37 PM)jonyjoe303 Wrote: [ -> ]Myself I would just add more rtech in those areas. Anytime I see any area that has no insulation, I always add some in there. For me rtech solves everything. It would easily bend to the contours.

You can use decorator self sticking tape to cover up the rtech, it comes in a roll, they even got some that looks like wood paneling. 

You did a good job with the wood paneling. 
Thanks for the excellent suggestion! I'm going to try that!

Wish I could take credit for the wood paneling, but I can't. Hired a carpenter to do it. He did an OK job but there are areas I need to fix.