VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: LizardSkin Ceramic Thermal Insulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just came across this and it looks interesting.

Says it will reduce the inside temp of a vehicle by 25-30 degrees.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/LizardSki...,2157.html

Page has some videos. The IceCube on a grill is cool.
It isn't really insulation. It does block radiant heat, though. The Solar Reflectance Index shows how much radiant heat can be reflected. White is 100 and black is 0. Color isn't the only indicator of the ability to absorb or reflect radiant heat, but generally speaking lighter colors are better at reflecting radiant heat. This paint is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced for what it does. If you must have black and need the radiant heat blocking abilities of this, then this could work. What bugs me is why they don't show the SRI rating. That would be a huge, objective selling point, but they seem to have left that info out for some reason. Hmmm.

A cheaper way is to get a white trailer/vehicle/whatever you're living in. Or do a mild compromise like I did. My trailer color is "champagne". The SRI is a little lower than white, not by much, and it looks nicer.
Better at sound dampening.

Poor value as thermal insulation.