VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Rob says nomads telling you to join them, are only trying to justify their lifestyle.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
As a general rule, to preserve your faith in humanity, just never read the comments.
(08-30-2018, 02:17 PM)John61CT Wrote: [ -> ]The American Dream as consumerism, materialistic striving for money above all other values, deserves to die, just corrupt and unsustainable brainwashing.

My vision of America is where people are all treated with dignity, whatever their level of "usefulness" to The Machine,

where everyone is free to choose how they want to live their lives, according to their own values.
This.  Couldn't have said it any better.

I didn't watch/listen to the video because I don't want to give channels/people like that on YouTube the views towards their monetization.  Social media is this strange new world where everyone spews every thought that pops into their head without using the filter God gave a duck.  I pity these people.  I honestly do.  Those who have such strong opinions about how other people should live, think, act and speak are a puppet to the system, successfully brainwashed.

On the flip side, he is providing a valuable service, too, just in an irritating and ignorant way.  Some folks do only see the Instagram version of van life and upheave their whole lives only to realize it's not for them.  They didn't get YouTube famous, make money or enjoy the road.  Those folks need to be dissuaded.  And, if it takes Rob the Snob to do it, that's okay.  He can belittle van dwellers all he wants but it won't phase those who live it and love it.
The sky is falling, thread #27. Thread #28 must be around here somewheres.
(08-30-2018, 03:21 PM)lenny flank Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, I don't need to justify my life to anyone. I don't give a shit whether people like my lifestyle or not. I can't see any of them from where I sleep.

BTW, who the fuck is "Rob", and why should I give a rat's ass what he thinks about anything?
My sentiments exactly.

The Dire Wolfess
(08-30-2018, 02:17 PM)John61CT Wrote: [ -> ]The American Dream as consumerism, materialistic striving for money above all other values, deserves to die, just corrupt and unsustainable brainwashing.

My vision of America is where people are all treated with dignity, whatever their level of "usefulness" to The Machine,

where everyone is free to choose how they want to live their lives, according to their own values.

Since protoplasm emerged from Earth's primordial soup, all life has striven for material plenty. Those who did not are long victims of Darwin's law. We can treat the starving masses with "dignity" and yet they will still die for lack of martial sustenance. Utopias ALWAYS fail.
(08-30-2018, 08:35 PM)QinReno Wrote: [ -> ]The sky is falling, thread #27. Thread #28 must be around here somewheres.

I don't know about any falling sky, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of gates closing amid the anti-nomad backlash soon to emerge.
(08-30-2018, 04:16 PM)jimindenver Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Who is this Rob and why would I care.

JIM YOU KNOW ME.  I HAD TO TONE DOWN THE COMMENT I LEFT ON "ROB'S" POD CAST.  IT MIGHT STILL BE THERE IDK Wink  I'VE HEARD SOME CRAP IN MY LIFE AND I THINK HE NEEDS MORE THAN 1 5gal BUCKET TO TOTE HIS AROUND IN. 

I BELIEVE IN LIVE AND LIVE.  TOO BAD HE CAN'T HAVE A ORIGINAL THOUGHT INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME JUST POKING FUN AT AND BELITTLING OTHER PEOPLES LIVES.  I HOPE THAT I MEET HIM SOMEDAY AND KNOW WHO HE IS SO I CAN TELL HIM WHAT I REALLY THINK  Big Grin   HEY I DON'T WATCH TV SO I NEED ANOTHER FORM OF CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT TO AMUSE MYSELF.

JewellAnn
(08-30-2018, 09:07 PM)AreWeLostYet Wrote: [ -> ]they will still die for lack of martial sustenance.
Hilarious Freudian slip that!

As attempts at civilised society go, most larger developed nations are succeeding far more than Amerika.

I don't know of any measure where we are even near the top anymore, other than increasing the concentration of the obscene wealth of the teeny tip of our oligarchy.
(08-30-2018, 09:11 PM)AreWeLostYet Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about any falling sky, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of gates closing amid the anti-nomad backlash soon to emerge.
And there we get the common basis for all these articles.

Yes I agree that will be a trend.

I doubt it will be as extreme or sudden as you likely think.

But more to the point, does that prospect make you happy?

Or do you see it as something to be fought?
Yah who is "ROB"??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5