VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Anybody use a BAL tire leveler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm thinking about buying this BAL Leveler. 
A little pricey but supposed to make leveling your camper much easier. 
Just wondered if it was worth it.  Thanks
Not sure what vehicle you have. Seems to me like it would be a lot of work to set up, maybe ok if you're staying in one place for awhile and have limited ability to just move the vehicle until its level. Also think about where you would put it when not in use. I have the plastic pads that look kind of like Lego's. I don't use them often but they work when needed.
Hope this helps
Smile
naw, I use rocks. go figure. highdesertranger
Where do you buy them Wink
I borrow them from Mother Nature, I always return them. highdesertranger
(11-24-2018, 09:53 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: [ -> ]naw, I use rocks.  go figure.  highdesertranger
Like you find a flat one or are you kidding?
I'm very gullible...
I use a shovel.
I have a Bal leveler, it is heavy but it does work. I am traveling solo with a small trailer so it has some advantages versus trying to run the trailer up onto a stack of blocks. With a partner it is easy to do the block system as you have one person outside saying "when".

But the Bal leveler does not work well on softer ground such as sand without putting a piece of plywood down first. Between the extra weight of it and the fact that it does have its limits I am not convinced it was worth the price versus other methods of leveling. I f I was trying to level a van I would not buy one, but for my very light weight small trailer it works out OK for much of the time but not all of the time.
HDR. We noticed you did not put those rocks back in the same location and at least one of them was upside down. We corrected this discrepancy but urge you to use more care in the future.
(11-25-2018, 04:36 AM)maki2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Bal leveler, it is heavy
 but for my very light weight small trailer it works out OK for much of the time but not all of the time.

Exactly what I needed to know.
I'm going to start with the blocks first to see how I do.
I won't be alone so that was something I hadn't thought about.

Thank you!
Pages: 1 2