VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Northern Utah help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Going to be homeless in April.I was wandering if anyone knows of any good free camp sites.Most of the forest grounds  open around the end of May.So looking for Blm land with access for a truck towing a travel trailer .

Thanks Robert
Freecampsites.net and campendium.com are great resources.

But please understand that you can NOT live on public land. It is against the regulations, will get you a citation, and will cause lands to be closed for everyone
With the snow you're getting, it might be well into June before Forest Service and BLM roads are passable. But Utah is covered in public land, so there are plenty of choices. Check at ranger offices or with locals. Hunters know all the good spots, and most Utahans hunt.
Also, do you need to stick around northern UT or can you wander farther?
(02-09-2019, 08:15 PM)Van-Tramp Wrote: [ -> ]But please understand that you can NOT live on public land. 

But you can CAMP for 14 days in a spot then move 25 miles to another spot, or to a different ranger district.
Local knowledge is a key to finding campsites, some of which are not listed in finding aids such as freecampsites.net.

When passing through a town in the late afternoon, I sometimes stop at sporting goods stores and ask young employees where local people like to do weekend camping. This question sometimes produce leads to good local sites which are unknown to outsiders.
Go to the LTVA near Quartzite. Plenty of places and support too.
Getting my va disability rasied.Gotta stick around for the review appointments..Otherwise I would leave the area.Va is know for the slow wheels.Latest projection from them is a August completion.
(02-09-2019, 08:16 PM)MrNoodly Wrote: [ -> ]With the snow you're getting, it might be well into June before Forest Service and BLM roads are passable. But Utah is covered in public land, so there are plenty of choices. Check at ranger offices or with locals. Hunters know all the good spots, and most Utahans hunt.

I live here.They open labor day.  Not to much snow this year.I think they will open on time.
Thanks for the info.

I just don't know the bom part.Never had a need to camp there since moving here .just need to buy time for forest service to open up.
EDIT Memorial Day.!!

My bad it's late.lol
Pages: 1 2