VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Putting up Reflectix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't bought any. Is the Reflectix sticky or do you need to tape it, glue it in to place. Do you folks Reflectix the floor also.

1. will be instal Reflectix
2. Foam board
3. corrugated plastic board.

Thanks

There's a MUCH cheaper alternative to Reflectix and here's my post on putting up an insulated sub-ceiling:  http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/post/Time-to-insulate..-CEILING!!-6079334 ; it should give you an idea of what's involved and how easy it is to do. ..Willy.
Willy

Thank you very much for the link. I found a off brand of
Reflectix really cheap.

Thanks again

Trekking
 You're welcome.
 I did some studying on that other brand and it's just as good as Reflectix.. but cheaper, and it's done me good so far. ..Willy.
not sticky
Willy Wrote: You're welcome.
 I did some studying on that other brand and it's just as good as Reflectix.. but cheaper, and it's done me good so far. ..Willy.

what is the other brand you saw 
Thanks
Royz
novaz Wrote:
what is the other brand you saw 
Thanks
Royz

AyrFoil. ..Willy.
Willy, that link doesn't work.
 It wasn't a link.. just the brand name. Punch it in Google and you'll get a ton of hits. I think it's more properly spelled Ayr Foil, but either way works. ..Willy.
I used some Reflexi-whatever in my van. It cuts easy with a box blade and I taped it up with what is essentially duct tape (but it said 'super strength' or something on the roll.

I also used some foam board over my windows and it's worth noting that within a few weeks (maybe four tops) the boards were warped and bowed significantly more than when you purchase them. Also, we used a lot of this foam board when I worked in framing and fine art and 'old' foam board (the basic kind you get at craft/office stores, yes) degrades horrible - especially in heat. It flakes and crumbles and falls apart. After these two experiences I wouldn't use it, personally. 
Pages: 1 2