VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Frigidaire Countertop Ice Maker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do love ice makers 
Last week, I got my JET Ice machine 66 Lbs. shipped to New York ... I am gonna rock this summer   However, till last week I was using an Ice-O-Matic one
(05-02-2019, 12:28 AM)Silvester M Wrote: [ -> ]I do love ice makers 
Last week, I got my JET Ice machine 66 Lbs. shipped to New York ... I am gonna rock this summer   However, till last week I was using an Ice-O-Matic one
If I had access to 66 pounds of ice a day I'd go broke. Both buying water to make my ice and buying enough beer to keep chilled in that much ice. Tongue
**Update**

Take this for what it's worth. 

I can no longer in good faith recommend this machine for other than light occasional usage.

I'm in an off grid...ish.. sticks and bricks. Or rather tin and plywood home but with shore power. Yesterday I went to switch it one. The standby power light wasnt on. Also it wouldnt switch on. Maybe I left it on all night and it overheated? I dont think so but I unplugged it for a few hours. Then tried again. It came on, started the cycle like normal and about 30 seconds into the process it made a loud click like a relay. The lights in the house flickered and it blew the AC breaker. 

Maybe I had 2 bad units in a row but I know when I'm licked. The next one might break down past the return period and I cant take a $100 hit in the pocketbook. So I got my money back and intend to invest in a 12V compressor fridge instead. 

Choose your own path. I don't bear any grudge against the manufacturer but for daily usage I dont think this will fit the bill. For extra ice at weekly cocktail parties maybe. If your man cave has a bar maybe. If this is your main source of refrigeration I cannot see this as an option. Peace.
Thanks for the update
cocktail parties? can anybody show up or is this invitation only? highdesertranger
(06-13-2019, 09:09 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: [ -> ]cocktail parties?  can anybody show up or is this invitation only?  highdesertranger

Haha. What I mean is the ppl that would likely be satisfied with this unit dont NEED it. And the people that need it won't be satisfied with it. IMO. I wasnt.
Pages: 1 2