VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Gym Membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After years on the road, we are slowing down. We are getting fat. Just found out our insurance pays for a gum membership. We travel and are pretty much everywhere during much of the year, and around Arizona, Texas, or Florida in the winter. Which national chains do you find have the best availability?

Oh, and why is there no main Health category here? I would think that would be a major concern for people living an alternative lifestyle.
the reason for no health category is the subject turns into a bunch of infighting between internet experts many of who give bad advice and have no idea what they are talking about. however we give a lot more leeway with health subjects so it can be discussed, to a point. highdesertranger
Oh. OK. All I want to know which gym memberships people are finding most convenient to have when traveling. Hopefully, that does devolve into crackpottery.
and that type of question is perfectly fine. highdesertranger
Anytime Fitness seems to have a lot of locations - more than 4000 worldwide. That's the one I'll join.

https://www.anytimefitness.com/faqs/

From their FAQ: "After 30 days of membership, you are eligible to access any of our thousands of gyms worldwide. We recommend that you verify with your home gym that your anywhere access has been activated before visiting another gym."
That's the hardest part about deciding which gym to go with; locations! Not every gym is everywhere and even the prices are different depending one where your "domicile" is.

I wanted to go with Anytime but its too expensive where my "home" is. If I had gotten it in Pahrump, NV the price was less than half of home. However, every time you use your "key" to get in they would know where I used it most and jack up the price.

I spend the bulk of my time in Quartzsite. No gyms anywhere near it. /shrug
I really like the option of taking a dip in a pool. Which gym networks most tend to have that amenity?
Here's one with a pool class - but they don't have nearly as many locations as Anytime Fitness.
https://www.24hourfitness.com/classes/pool/

I'd rather swim in swimming holes, so a pool is not that important to me.
(05-25-2019, 01:26 PM)Headache Wrote: [ -> ]That's the hardest part about deciding which gym to go with; locations!  Not every gym is everywhere and even the prices are different depending one where your "domicile" is.

I wanted to go with Anytime but its too expensive where my "home" is.  If I had gotten it in Pahrump, NV the price was less than half of home.  However, every time you use your "key" to get in they would know where I used it most and jack up the price.

I spend the bulk of my time in Quartzsite.  No gyms anywhere near it.  /shrug

Thanks. We use our son's address, so no choice about domicile.  But our insurance pays for the membership. Great, huh? I could have signed up years ago but did not know that this benefit was available. Found out when they sent someone out to do one of those wellness reviews they do for us old people.
Many older people who have health coverage qualify for "Silver Sneakers" program that makes many different gym benefits available with no charge. I have it and have never used it as I tend to avoid urban areas. Looking at the different gym memberships I found so many that had free offers for limited times it wasn't really necessary to sign up.
Pages: 1 2