VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: BLM asks public for comments on new Gemini Solar Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
" The Bureau of Land Management is seeking the public’s comment on a proposed renewable energy project located northeast of Las Vegas..."

https://news3lv.com/news/local/blm-asks-...1VfnQKy8uA
Clicked on BLM's (Bureau of Land Management) release:
https://www.blm.gov/press-release/blm-se...-las-vegas

"The proposed project area includes 7,115 acres of public land 25 miles northeast of Las Vegas, Nevada, and extends approximately six miles north to south and four miles east to west, located adjacent and south/southeast of Interstate 15."

Looks like North of I-15 exit 64, I estimate S-N from mile marker 68 to 74. Close to the road to Valley of Fire SP (State Park) exit 75.
In my experience, these public comment periods are never actually considered and are just political cover. By the time such a period is offerred, the decision has been made.
Unfortunately these are seldom changed unless large protest groups form based around a political figure or local leader with a better money making plan.
I agree. Making a public comment will probably do little to change the end result. Still, I'll make that comment because I am not a sheeple who has been led into apathy
(06-12-2019, 08:03 AM)cyndi Wrote: [ -> ]...I am not a sheeple who has been led into apathy...

I understand the sentiment, I think some may have been forced into an apathetic mindset. Apathy can be used a coping method so they don't lose their mind. Not a great coping method, but if it keeps you in the fight, maybe they get a chance to recover their mental balance(or whatever being human is). I don't like apathy either, but I don't know why a person is apathetic. It doesn't always mean they are selfish to the core. That make sense?
The implication is that people here object to this use.  What are those objections to the site or use?

Here is the map from the BLM release (I assume the major road is I15):

[attachment=23557]
^^
I don't know where that all came from. Certainly not from what I posted

^
Nor did I imply anything except that we have been given an opportunity to voice an opinion
/\ The term "sheeple". There's tons of worse names I know, just trying to shed light on maybe a different take. 8-)
(06-09-2019, 08:59 PM)wayne49 Wrote: [ -> ]Clicked on BLM's (Bureau of Land Management) release:
https://www.blm.gov/press-release/blm-se...-las-vegas

On it was this:

Quote:A Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement and Land Use Plan Amendment, and a Notice of Segregation for the Proposed Gemini Solar Project in Clark County, Nevada was published in the July 13, 2018, Federal Register, opening a 45-day public comment period which closes on August 27, 2018.

But the one posted on the news site was;
Quote:The public comment period will last 90 days, and BLM will also host a series of meetings open to the public, which will be announced at least 15 days in advance.

There was no date of when that 90 day period would begin.
Pages: 1 2 3