VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Essential Attire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What attire is a must have, and you are wearing or using it often, especially in the van? As an essential, will enable retaining or shedding heat, or meet another need you have when dwelling.    ~crofter
These are for heat retention and modesty, and help me make a quick entrance from the van when someone catches me napping. Am I the only one who still needs their puffer vest in AZ? I usually sleep in mine, instead of using a heater. The booties have replaced wool sox for sleeping.     ~crofter

[attachment=24849]
In cold weather, head to toe microfleece is my most important wearing apparel.

They can be worn during the day, and/or slept in when necessary.
I love the softness of fleece also against my skin, compared to wool or cotton. Excellent choice to bring along! Can you share a pic or the brand you prefer?    ~crofter
I don’t have pictures, but CuddlDuds is inexpensive and most of my pieces are of this brand.

I have tops, leggings, jackets and socks.   Rolleyes
(11-06-2019, 03:03 PM)WanderingRose Wrote: [ -> ] CuddlDuds is inexpensive and most of my pieces are of this brand.
And can be found at Walmart! Thank you Wandering Rose.    ~crofter
My hands get cold easily and it is pretty miserable so in winter weather warm gloves are a must for me. I have a full spectrum from thin wool (with and without fingers) to insulated leather work gloves.

Guy
A rain poncho so I can sneak a shower when it rains (no, not the clear kind!).
(11-06-2019, 05:23 PM)gsfish Wrote: [ -> ]My hands get cold easily and it is pretty miserable so in winter weather warm gloves are a must for me. I have a full spectrum from thin wool (with and without fingers) to insulated leather work gloves.

Guy
I carry the nitrile barrier gloves, and leather utility gloves in the van. Got a favorite brand or source that you use?   ~crofter
(11-06-2019, 06:11 PM)GypsyJan Wrote: [ -> ]A rain poncho so I can sneak a shower when it rains (no, not the clear kind!).
Showering inside the poncho is a new one on me! Got a fave brand that performs well? My poncho is breathable enough to also leak in a downpour and I get wet, so the poncho was jettisoned from the van. Good performing rain gear is important to include in the essentials, so tell tell about the good ones.    ~crofter
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8