VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: CO detector keeps giving false alarms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It will randomly go off and give big reading above 200ppm.  I've even seen it as high as 400ppm.

Nothing in a camper gives off CO apart from the camper it's self through exhaust fumes.

Anyone else had problems with CO detectors giving false alarms?
I would buy another detector.
The detector may be bad. They are only rated for 10 years I think. My propane detector will beep if it gets too cold or the house battery gets too low.
if its a new detector return it to the store.
(11-09-2019, 04:57 AM)RVTravel Wrote: [ -> ]I would buy another detector.

That will be a consideration.
(11-09-2019, 07:33 AM)B and C Wrote: [ -> ]The detector may be bad. They are only rated for 10 years I think. My propane detector will beep if it gets too cold or the house battery gets too low.

Yeah this one is only a few month old. I'll see how much more random beeping I can tolerate before I go out and buy a new one.
(11-09-2019, 02:57 PM)maki2 Wrote: [ -> ]if its a new detector return it to the store.

Typical me, I don't keep receipts. It's only cheap anyway, I'll probably try another brand and see if I have the same problem.
If you have the same problem with another one, it sounds like you may have an elevated CO level.
I'll ask …..Is the Camper Engine running when the detector goes off ?
Take it outside and see if it still acts weird.
Low battery?
Possible contamination of the detector element?
Pages: 1 2