VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Announcing 2021 Online RTRs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Online 2021 RTRs: A COVID-Safe Event!

Putting the health and safety of our community first, the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous (RTR) and Women's RTR classes will be online from January 14-20! Classes will be simulcast on multiple platforms -- Zoom, YouTube, and possibly Facebook -- taught by full-time nomads, coming to an electronic device near you!  RTR classes include -- Get a Work Camping Job, Solar Made Easy, Find Free Boondocking, Safety Information, Tips to Downsize, How to Find Community (during COVID), and more. Women's RTR classes include Personal Hygiene for Women and Women's Safety. After each live class, attendees can ask questions of the presenters. More information about how to participate will be provided in the coming months.

Although HOWA is not organizing any in-person gatherings for legal and ethical reasons, we recognize that some in the mobile community will still want to camp together at their own risk. Consider connecting with others who share your level of COVID-related precautions by joining the Camp Together Facebook Group at http://facebook.com/groups/WeCampTogether OR, the CheapRVLiving Forum at https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/for...php?fid=66. Use one or both of these venues to create your own personal camp.  Although your arrangements to camp with others is unaffiliated with HOWA and the RTRs, we do recognize that community is important.  Please use caution when participating in these unofficial camps.  We want you and your camp mates to remain healthy and safe.
Hi Suanne,
I'm planning to make my way to Ehrenberg around Wednesday this week. I've been following CRVL for about a year and wish the channel popped up for me in 2014 when I 1st started this journey.

I'm in a 2015 350 Transit van XTL - EXL Dully.

I'm hoping to meet tribe members. The Tribe feels like a safe community. For the most part I'm a loner and enjoy it.

I follow on YouTube as sallyplus4.

Cheryl Burns
I was disappointed that there’s no physical RTR but then I got to thinking I’ve been wanting to attend for years and I didn’t get to. so this year I can say I attended the official RTR. I might even legitimately put one of the stickers on my van. VRTR (virtual RTR). God bless the nomads every one of us. I won’t have to spend much gas money on getting to this one.
Hello Suanne 
It’s so nice to see your name on the forum and please let me reintroduce my self 
Kenneth Coons is my name and on March 1, 2019, I set off from Northern California to the caravan campsite outside Parker
I had written to bob w to scout for caravan camps, and then did that, sending a half dozen reviews of California venues and never got any feedback till you hired your volunteer coordinator 
So, by then I had found that my disability and frail health, I am 69, was hard to manage in boondocks camping and started camping exclusively in state park campgrounds with a half off for disability rates, developed federal campgrounds offer it also. 
I met dozens of homeless California seniors, nearly all disabled and began to help them with gifts of gear, money and advice 
At that point, I knew my mission was to help the most disabled tribal elders who were voicing a desire for a permanent place to put their rig, so they could hire a part time caregiver and still enjoy a life of modified camping with help 
The escapees have a campground in Texas that provide an assisted living level of care for their frail elderly so there is a rather expensive model to learn from 
I just got off the road last April, 2020 in Blythe ca, where I rent a trailer in a park and am rehabilitating it to be a gift for a disabled senior, and another, then another till I can’t anymore 
I have a handyman coming my way to work on the trailer and have a woman in Blythe who shops and clean for me within covid precautions 
So, though I am still a boondocks greenhorn, I have gobs of living experience in my dodge van and in organized campgrounds which is where I have found the most numbers of disabled seniors who are full timers 
So I can offer to do a on line class on managing disability and depression on the road, I am retired mental health therapist 
Or on using organized campgrounds for less money 
Or on hiring caregivers and planning for end of life care while on the road 
All I want is the opportunity to meet and maintain the friendship of others who might benefit from my experience 
Meanwhile, if I can be of help by teaching infection control protocol to those who are camping in the proximity of others, near Quartzsite, please refer them to me 
Sincerely, ken Coons, (530) 401, 6007
IF there is anyone DOING IT I would love to hear a session on full-timing with a TENT (and car). Especially in the "notorius" winds of AZ/NV.
THANKS!!
I am so glad we are having (virtual) RTR this year. I will need quadraphonic sound for the session by gong gypsy, and someplace out in the desert where I am social distanced for that session.

I also need to nail down solar in my van. I have been dabbling in solar and patching things together. Maybe we could get a demo together with notebook type versus the roof mount type for a full system with serious output. Or a trailer mount solar setup. I am sure you can tell I do not have solar down yet.

Also would be good to have a zoom session or two for those who want to meet each other. There seems to be a need for that, not everyone prefers their own company. Discussion topic could be "how to set up and run party lites on your rig." 

Just some ideas.  -crofter
The 2021 Online Rubber Tramp Rendezvous (RTR) and Women's RTR begin on January 14th! We'll be broadcasting the RTRs' classes, LIVE, on the Homes On Wheels Alliance's (HOWA's) YouTube Channel, including a Q&A portion. Get your notifications of the classes by subscribing at https://www.youtube.com/c/HomesOnWheelsAlliance ...

For more information about the RTRs, go to http://HomesOnWheelsAlliance.org/2021RTRs. The schedule of classes has been posted. By Monday, we'll be adding speaker information, as well as the URLs to get your stickers & swag (http://HOWA.store) and to donate toward the RTRs and HOWA's other work for the nomadic community (http://HOWA.support).
See you there!!!
Each 2021 RTR video is posted on the HOWA Youtube channel shortly after the live presentation. To join the live presentations or view previously recorded presentations click here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...OWFZGV0FEI
these have been great and i too appreciate the VRTR Wink
jim
(11-14-2020, 04:14 PM)Kenneth.coons@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Suanne 
It’s so nice to see your name on the forum and please let me reintroduce my self 
Kenneth Coons is my name and on March 1, 2019, I set off from Northern California to the caravan campsite outside Parker
I had written to bob w to scout for caravan camps, and then did that, sending a half dozen reviews of California venues and never got any feedback till you hired your volunteer coordinator 
So, by then I had found that my disability and frail health, I am 69, was hard to manage in boondocks camping and started camping exclusively in state park campgrounds with a half off for disability rates, developed federal campgrounds offer it also. 
I met dozens of homeless California seniors, nearly all disabled and began to help them with gifts of gear, money and advice 
At that point, I knew my mission was to help the most disabled tribal elders who were voicing a desire for a permanent place to put their rig, so they could hire a part time caregiver and still enjoy a life of modified camping with help 
The escapees have a campground in Texas that provide an assisted living level of care for their frail elderly so there is a rather expensive model to learn from 
I just got off the road last April, 2020 in Blythe ca, where I rent a trailer in a park and am rehabilitating it to be a gift for a disabled senior, and another, then another till I can’t anymore 
I have a handyman coming my way to work on the trailer and have a woman in Blythe who shops and clean for me within covid precautions 
So, though I am still a boondocks greenhorn, I have gobs of living experience in my dodge van and in organized campgrounds which is where I have found the most numbers of disabled seniors who are full timers 
So I can offer to do a on line class on managing disability and depression on the road, I am retired mental health therapist 
Or on using organized campgrounds for less money 
Or on hiring caregivers and planning for end of life care while on the road 
All I want is the opportunity to meet and maintain the friendship of others who might benefit from my experience 
Meanwhile, if I can be of help by teaching infection control protocol to those who are camping in the proximity of others, near Quartzsite, please refer them to me 
Sincerely, ken Coons, (530) 401, 6007
thank you for all that you do Mr. Coons!  I am proud that Texas may be leading the way
in having campgrounds that offer the "assisted living level of care" for disabled nomads
and think that is sorely needed. when i finally retire in about 6 years i hope to encounter 
a community of nomads like we have here on this forum and neighbors like yourself.jim
Pages: 1 2