VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Main way you access the internet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm working on updating HOWA's homepage. I prefer to use my laptop for almost everything but I'm aware that many people use their phones exclusively and the webpage that I create to fit a laptop screen may not work well on a phone.

This is the current homepage: https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/

This is an updated page (not the homepage) and is similar to the way an updated homepage will look: https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/success-stories/

Please answer both sections of the poll. Thanks!
I mainly use a laptop or a desktop. I only use the phone for a quick look at something as the screen and keypad are way too small. Accessing the success stories looks OK to me on the phone.
I don’t see a poll. On my phone I can see everything on the old page but on the new page most photos are cut out. I can screen shot and send you examples of how it looks if you like.
Cammalu at the very top, actually above the thread itself. I am on a lap top. I don't even have one of those smart phones. Highdesertranger
I’ll bet because I use tapatalk.. I’ll have to go the other way.

Yes, that was it. I voted and still managed to screw it up. I am phone only.
Both pages looked and worked fine on my phone. Both of them also had super large text. Way large. Bigger than pretty much all of the internet content I read. If it were smaller, thered be less scrolling to finish reading (which I would prefer!)

Was that TMI? I realize that readability wasnt a question.
Example of what I’m seeing. The sides are gone so I can’t read it. I’m on a newish IPhone

[Image: 75606f0e38c6d79a9e22a84be1ccc1af.jpg]

[Image: 8c0932064d6434f691d8dc731611645a.jpg]
Cammalu - the photos look the same on a laptop as they do on a phone but it's more obvious that additional information can be accessed by clicking on the photos. They are generated from the HOWA blog so the formatting is set and can't be changed. If you click once on a photo you'll get a short paragraph, if you click again you get the blog post. Thanks for posting the photos, taking the poll, and checking it out.
(03-17-2021, 07:14 PM)Ravella and X Wrote: [ -> ]Both pages looked and worked fine on my phone. Both of them also had super large text. Way large. Bigger than pretty much all of the internet content I read. If it were smaller, thered be less scrolling to finish reading (which I would prefer!)

Was that TMI? I realize that readability wasnt a question.

Thanks Ravella, not TMI. All veiwpoints and opinions are welcome. Yes, I agree the text is too large for a phone.
I imagine several people with phones don't understand they get more of the photos by turning them horizontally rather than vertically as you would normally hold it as well. While on the road I use my phone due to a lack of the ability to charge my laptop as no 12 volt option is available and the space it takes up plus having to use my phone as a hot spot requires even more power resources.
Pages: 1 2 3