VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Can I just say this about Bob?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Please don’t bicker, argue or disagree I just want to post for the newer people that I am not part of the Cult of Bob. I disagree with a lot of his philosophy and everything else. I don’t even like his beard. LOL But I couldn’t care less about his philosophy or what he does with his money or anything else. He helped me me I was not long healed from cancer, absolutely alone without a single skill and not a clue how to live in a vehicle. And in teaching me how to live in my car and telling me I had nothing to be ashamed of, he gave me my dignity back. I learned so much from his videos (and Suann too) I’m so grateful. I will never be that scared person again. I might not have the skills so many on here have but I know I can survive. I know how to survive. And thank you Bob for bringing together a community of nomads who help and support each other. That’s priceless. You don’t have to be someone’s twin to like, appreciate and respect them and that’s how I feel about Bob. Fair winds and following seas, sir.
LERCA - thank you for what you just said about Bob. A lifelong friend of mine just died last month. We did not agree on a lot. We often came head-to-head in debates. But as I told his family you don’t have to always agree with somebody to love them. I don’t agree with Bob‘s philosophy about a lot of things, but I do appreciate what he’s done for our community. I will always consider him the best friend I never met. Maybe it’s good we never met then our differences wouldn’t come to a head.Smile. God bless the nomads especially Bob Wells.
Funny Nature Lover because I sometimes disagree with your posts yet I always read, enjoy and respect every single onethem. I’m a fan in other words even though we’d disagree on certain things.

I find most people on this forum are more than willing to share their knowledge (most of it over my head) and pretty much gave me back my trust in the kindness of human beings. I’ve gotten such nice messages on here both public and private and help whenever asked and we’re here because of Bob. So I apologize if I’m “bickering” or whatever DesertRangerDude I love you too and some day I’ll tell you about some of our secret gold mines. You probably know them but whatever.
I don’t like the cult word because I look at this more as an online and often times in person community. For the most part people are a pretty “community oriented“ bunch. I think Bob and Susanne are thrilled at the way the community works together and such... at least that’s how I read them. I know if it wasn’t for the participation of many this wouldn’t be near the community it is. It’s the LERCA’s and Nature Lover’s out there that make this all what it is. Bob showed his heart and in touching other hearts it has grown to quite a deal.
As far as his beard... he wears it well and some of us definitely would not be very pretty without at least some facial hair. Haha!
(03-19-2021, 05:08 PM)LERCA Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll tell you about some of our secret gold mines. You probably know them but whatever.

What secret gold mines? I need to write myself a reminder to invite LERCA to YARC Camp OFTEN.
LERCA - there was an old radio preacher who preached with a Texas “drawl”. He had a dry sense of humor and some people thought he was serious when he said this

“You may disagree with me if you want, you have every right to be wrong.”

Of course those remarks were never meant to be taken seriously he was just pulling peoples strings. I always thought it was even more funny when somebody Got all hot mad about it.

I think the mark of a good person isn’t whether they agree with others. A quality person can be seen by how we treat those we don’t agree with. I’ll end with another quote from a wise old man who happened to be my grandfather.

“It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice”.
In a very recent video, Bob said that the majority of his viewers are probably not on the road yet. He is probably right but what has been created by Bob, Suann, and lots of other people including you is a community of people who want to help one another. We don't have to agree with one another all the time but we should (and mostly do) respect and help one another.

Even though I think Bob should use his popularity and media platform more to promote environmental causes (related to reducing future global warming), I respect his right to make his own decisions. He may be preparing the people of America (north & south) for a nomadic future and this may be more important than stating environmental points of view. Human society is destroying the soil, polluting the water, adding plastic to the environment, etc.; the "carrying capacity" (for humans) of the earth is decreasing. I don't see how 8 billion people can be fed 100 (or 1000 if you prefer) years from now. The survivors of the mess humans have created may need to migrate to the north of Canada in the summer and the south of Mexico in the winter to survive in 100 or 200 years. Bob may be showing us the way forward. I wish there was something we (humans who care) could do to prevent more serious climate change but I am not hopeful.
Bob and the info he puts out is all cool to me Smile
Cammalu LOL he’s one of the few rock hounds I’ve come across as passionate as I am about it and I’m sure knows far more secrets than I do. I was just joking. I’ve heard some things passed from person to person but not seen with my own eyes. But I’ll share what I know. I mean if you have the patience for the work you deserve the rewards.
(03-20-2021, 05:28 AM)SLB_SA Wrote: [ -> ]In a very recent video, Bob said that the majority of his viewers are probably not on the road yet. He is probably right but what has been created by Bob, Suann, and lots of other people including you is a community of people who want to help one another. We don't have to agree with one another all the time but we should (and mostly do) respect and help one another.

Even though I think Bob should use his popularity and media platform more to promote environmental causes (related to reducing future global warming), I respect his right to make his own decisions.

I see Bob primarily as providing an invaluable resource for those who need to learn nomad-specific life and survival skills, whether they are already on the road or planning to go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4