VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Con artist/thief.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If in AZ or Cali you can report to the local police and have the person prosecuted.
-crofter
We were told without her actually getting away with it, nothing could be done. But Everytime someone approaches me and calls me by the first name she was using I know I'm about to waste ten minutes schooling them.
Too bad the authorities are not on your side of this. In AZ identity theft is a crime with a price tag of 15 years.
-crofter
Scary. I mean really scary. This is like antisocial personality behavior.

I am glad you gave the heads-up. With just enough info to be aware.
Maybe dye your hair for awhile!
Just a good reminder that not all are who they say they are. What an awful way to live though.
You gave a good enough description that if we were to encounter a person like this we would know without ruining anyone’s reputation. I think this is the best way because it’s fair to both parties.

I don’t think there are many people out there like this but all it takes is one bad experience to make a person not want to help anyone again which is too bad. I had a run of crazies (who seemed totally normal except they tried to befriend me too fast and too deeply-true friendship takes a long time to develop) and sure enough they were unstable. It has made me very leery of who I even talk to.

On the road you’re even more vulnerable in many ways. Anyway be careful and stay vigilant.
Can't be too careful with your personal stuff when travelling. A camper demoed his biometric safe for me, not that large or heavy, and fit in one of those many spots: out of sight out of mind. With the neat feature of being difficult for others to open.

My lock box is a metal box large enough for a few things, but easily hidden in a tucked away spot. These type of secure storage also has a leash that you can secure so they aren't taken from the van.

How to secure your image and social presence, that is much more difficult, if the person is a hacker. For all we know, that very person could be reading this right now.
-crofter
(04-11-2021, 06:15 PM)crofter Wrote: [ -> ]How to secure your image and social presence, that is much more difficult, if the person is a hacker. For all we know, that very person could be reading this right now.
-crofter

...and thinking about dyeing their hair...
(04-10-2021, 02:26 PM)jimindenver Wrote: [ -> ]The downside of it isn't that I have been used or scammed. It is that now I tend to stay alone and not help anyone.

Unfortunately it has come this this and this is how I operate as well.
Pages: 1 2 3