VanDweller Community Forums
Getting VA health care - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and Forum Help (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Vandwelling topics that don't fit in other areas (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Getting VA health care (/showthread.php?tid=10367)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Getting VA health care - anm - 08-08-2014

Thanks for the responses, I am going to get signed up and then get a hearing test...

RE: Getting VA health care - anm - 08-11-2014

Today I found out I was already registered with the VA, I did it ages ago, when the Agent Orange thing was big. I've submitted an application for compensation for both my hearing, and prostate cancer (since it can be Agent Orange related). I'm still going to arrange a hearing test at the hospital, I have to do something, everyone tells me I'm deaf as a post...

RE: Getting VA health care - LeeRevell - 08-11-2014

Just answer them, "Dead as a roast! I ain't dead yet, and now I'm hungry!" Big Grin

Getting VA health care - offroad - 08-11-2014

anm - thanks for your service. Hope you get some help. The line is long. But it is functional. Hold your provider personally accountable. Use the VA online system to contact your doctor.

RE: Getting VA health care - anm - 10-29-2014

Well I did it, I'm now officially registered with the VA health care system. I should get my card in the mail, in a week or so. They put me at priority group 6...

RE: Getting VA health care - bobj - 10-29-2014

First, let me thank you for your service.

You may already know that your Primary Care Dr will make your referals to any of the Specialty Clinics. You don't have to wait on your card to be mailed to you. I don't know where you are but go in to the clinic or hospital and talk to either the Patient Advocate or someone in authority.

If you have filed for benefits from the V.A. here is the site to keep track of where your claim is as far as review. By benefits I mean disability claim.
https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement/authenticate.do;jsessionid=pXlct-_2VVF-4nRBYExl80f522gdaK9D2XAhdf_PE4hRN8EpJfM9!-1883564855?execution=e1s1

Ebenefits is the site name if the link doesn't work. Register there and you can look up online what your status is while waiting for your claim.

I recommend someone filing a claim use a service such as the DAV or an organization that will help you follow through with your claim. The VA Service Officers work for the VA and are not always on your side.

I have been dealing with the VA since my return from Vietnam and I now take an adversarial (sp) position with them. If you get a Primary Care person who doesn't seem to want to help, fire them. You can go through a few until you find one who actually wants to help. The administrators at both the Dallas Hospital and the Ft Worth Outpatient clinic know me. Don't be shy about voicing any concerns.

There is more in dealing them and if you have any questions PM me or email me. You deserve the best care possible.

In country Dec 1967- Nov 1970. USMC.

Bob J.

RE: Getting VA health care - akrvbob - 10-29-2014

In some places the VA medical system is truly outstanding, a model of what a government agency should be. But in some places it's terrible beyond belief! Here in Phoenix some terrible things have been unearthed and numerous vets died waiting for the care they were were promised and owed. It's a horrible tragedy. Then they falsified their records to hide it! Fortunately they've all been fired, I just hope there are criminal charges!

My point is you're mobile and if you don't get the care you deserve where you are there are places where you will. You may need to relocate to get it. We owe you! Make sure you get what you deserve!
Bob

Getting VA health care - offroad - 10-29-2014

Charleston SC VA hospital is in the top ten nationally for hospitals it's size in most reviews compared to public hospitals. It's where I work some times. And the location is terrific. If you are on the east coast make sure you visit here as a veteran. The associate director got promoted to director because of his great national recognized work with success in this hospital.

RE: Getting VA health care - anm - 10-31-2014

(10-29-2014, 10:46 AM)bobj Wrote:  First, let me thank you for your service.

You may already know that your Primary Care Dr will make your referals to any of the Specialty Clinics. You don't have to wait on your card to be mailed to you. I don't know where you are but go in to the clinic or hospital and talk to either the Patient Advocate or someone in authority.

If you have filed for benefits from the V.A. here is the site to keep track of where your claim is as far as review. By benefits I mean disability claim.
https://myaccess.dmdc.osd.mil/identitymanagement/authenticate.do;jsessionid=pXlct-_2VVF-4nRBYExl80f522gdaK9D2XAhdf_PE4hRN8EpJfM9!-1883564855?execution=e1s1

Ebenefits is the site name if the link doesn't work. Register there and you can look up online what your status is while waiting for your claim.

I recommend someone filing a claim use a service such as the DAV or an organization that will help you follow through with your claim. The VA Service Officers work for the VA and are not always on your side.

I have been dealing with the VA since my return from Vietnam and I now take an adversarial (sp) position with them. If you get a Primary Care person who doesn't seem to want to help, fire them. You can go through a few until you find one who actually wants to help. The administrators at both the Dallas Hospital and the Ft Worth Outpatient clinic know me. Don't be shy about voicing any concerns.

There is more in dealing them and if you have any questions PM me or email me. You deserve the best care possible.

In country Dec 1967- Nov 1970. USMC.

Bob J.
Thank you bobj, and thank you for your service too...

So far the people at the El Paso VA facility seem very helpful and accommodating. El Paso is home to Ft Bliss so there is a very large military presence, possibly that's why? Anyway, time will tell...

(10-29-2014, 01:42 PM)akrvbob Wrote:  In some places the VA medical system is truly outstanding, a model of what a government agency should be. But in some places it's terrible beyond belief! Here in Phoenix some terrible things have been unearthed and numerous vets died waiting for the care they were were promised and owed. It's a horrible tragedy. Then they falsified their records to hide it! Fortunately they've all been fired, I just hope there are criminal charges!

My point is you're mobile and if you don't get the care you deserve where you are there are places where you will. You may need to relocate to get it. We owe you! Make sure you get what you deserve!
Bob
Thanks Bob, I'll keep your advice in mind. So far the El Paso VA center seems good...

Getting VA health care - offroad - 10-31-2014

There is a homeless program initiative at most VA medical hospitals. Ask about it. See if your qualify from any former military duty.