VanDweller Community Forums
Trim quotes reminder - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Site and Forum Help (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements about Forum, CRVL and HOWA (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Trim quotes reminder (/showthread.php?tid=29922)

Pages: 1 2

Trim quotes reminder - cyndi - 03-02-2018

We've got a lot of new members and it has been awhile since you've been reminded about quoting, etc.

this is just a friendly reminder that many of us have limited bandwidth so we ask that you carefully trim any quotes you include to the bare minimum.  When you are reading on a phone, and you have to read the same post twice to get a new comment, it can be frustrating--especially if there are pictures!

It's not necessary to use the quote or reply button. Scroll to the bottom of the page and use the quick reply box. Copy and paste the relevant information.

If you're replying to the original post, or the post above, it's not necessary to quote at all.

You can respond without quoting by using a member's name, by using arrows (^^^) to indicate a post above

Definitely do not quote or reply to your own posts

If you do feel the need to quote remove pictures from your quote

Be kind and trim!! [Image: smile.gif]

Thanks, in advance, for your cooperation and consideration

RE: Trim quotes reminder - tx2sturgis - 03-02-2018

Got it.

Tongue

RE: Trim quotes reminder - And Goodwill - 03-02-2018

Maybe it's best to remove the Quote & Reply buttons, if we really shouldn't be using them?
To be honest, I just figured out how to remove a pic from a quote.

RE: Trim quotes reminder - Almost There - 03-02-2018

There's a time and a place for each of the two functions.

'Quote' lets you quote multiple posts while 'reply' only quotes the one post.

It's not a matter of not using them, it's a matter of using them wisely, particularly keeping in mind those that are using their phones for viewing the forum.

RE: Trim quotes reminder - DesertRose - 03-03-2018

So noted. Thanks. wink Wink

RE: Trim quotes reminder - tx2sturgis - 03-03-2018

I saw what you did there....

Big Grin

RE: Trim quotes reminder - DesertRose - 03-03-2018

Not a criticism of this forum's "wink" but you can hardly see the winky eye.

Now that's wonky.

RE: Trim quotes reminder - highdesertranger - 03-03-2018

I never use the quote, I copy and paste if it's really necessary. what I don't understand is when people quote a post and don't reply in that post but they make another post and then reply. I have been thinking of deleting those type of quotes because it's basically a double post.

when you quote, the quote appears in a box, put the curser outside the box at the bottom and type your response. please. highdesertranger

RE: Trim quotes reminder - Motrukdriver - 03-03-2018

I like to quote what I quoted from a quote that someone else quoted and wrap it all up in a new quote but don't quote me on this. Now to quote some lyrics from a Genesis song... "can't you see this is the land of confusion"

RE: Trim quotes reminder - rvwandering - 03-03-2018

(03-03-2018, 09:56 AM)highdesertranger Wrote:    what I don't understand is when people quote  a post and don't reply in that post but they make another post and then reply.  I have been thinking of deleting those type of quotes because it's basically a double post.

I was told that it's okay to permanently deleted those posts. They are just double posts but I think they are made accidentally because of confusion on how to quote. I also delete unnecessary quotes in posts to keep the threads more concise and easier to read. I can do this quickly because I'm usually on my laptop.  It would be nice if everyone stopped all the unnecessary quoting though! :-D