VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - B and C - 04-18-2019

I did get some electrical done on the house addition. The darn electrician forgot to run one feeder wire from the breaker panel to feed the bedroom area. He tied into the GFCI breaker circuit in the attic that feeds the smoke detectors and it would occasionally trip. The son and I put in a new breaker and ran wire to feed the bedroom area (to code). We disconnected and remove the GFCI circuit tie in in the attic. Took us awhile to figure out how the wiring was run. Let's just say, if I ever run into him, he will get an earful. Guess the inspector missed it too.

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 04-19-2019

wow it is good you guys could handle that electrical.....electrical is something I am as dumb as a rock about and a scaredy cat for getting zapped Smile my hubby doesn't even care for electrical but he will do it, me I run the other way HA

RE: Good morning - Dean and Buster - 04-19-2019

Hi all dwellers i rarely mess with electricity and now with 110 it can set off my pacemaker it can set it off so I leave it alone . Going to put antifreeze in the winabego so the neighbor can go dwelling .

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 04-19-2019

pacemaker and electricity….I SO see your point on that one!!

RE: Good morning - B and C - 04-19-2019

When I need to change out a wall socket or light switch, I usually don't turn off the circuit breaker  Huh   Just lazy and I find that the shock ain't that bad.  More likely hurt myself when I jerk away.  This was a lot more complex so the circuit breakers were off   Big Grin  Now a pacemaker?  No way.  Think I would stand quite aways away from a microwave too  Tongue

Have a great day.

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 04-19-2019

B and C, omg turn off that breaker please LOL you have me shaking in my boots here Smile and you find the shock ain't that my I couldn't bring myself to ever do that knowing probably a shock was coming at me, even if smaller HA

RE: Good morning - B and C - 04-19-2019

I do turn the breaker off if I am going to be well grounded (barefoot, puddle or leaning on grounded metal) or if the outlet has two sets of wires (hot set and feed to another), too many wires to keep up with. 220 and higher is always turned off. Had a friend blow out the end of his fingers when he touched 440 volts (power rails for overhead crane that were on the other side of the track).

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 04-20-2019

holy moly, blow out the end of his fingers....oh my gosh on that one, horrible.....ugh

good morning all

leave on my trip today. be unplugged for 6 days while we are out and about exploring. can't wait to hit the road in a bit......see ya'll when we get back.

RE: Good morning - Dean and Buster - 04-20-2019

Well got the winabego radiator done no leaks I am happy now . Have a great day dwellers

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 04-20-2019

That is not a fun job, just glad your not leaking blood after dealing with that big sharp thing.