VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 08-02-2019

I do try to sell the items that have enough monetary value. It does ad up. I brought in $500.00 this last week selling some rugs I have had sitting in my friends garage since I sold my last house nearly 10 years ago. I would have a yard sale if I was in a better location for one because you can move lots of stuff even if it is priced lower than might seem worth bothering with.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 12:31 AM)maki2 Wrote:  I do try to sell the items that have enough monetary value. It does ad up. I brought in $500.00 this last week selling some rugs I have had sitting in my friends garage since I sold my last house nearly 10 years ago. I would have a yard sale if I was in a better location for one because you can move lots of stuff even if it is priced lower than might seem worth bothering with.

Timing can be important too though. For instance I have some heaters to sell but I will wait on that until a few weeks before I leave this fall. If I wanted to sell the small portable AC and some fans, this week would be prime time for it. But I still need them so I will miss out on prime time.

RE: Good morning - Dean and Buster - 08-02-2019

Keeping the van and trailer cleaned out is a job all of it's own people want to add more crap to my stuff

Hi dwellers hang out have fun and enjoy the day

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 08-02-2019

yard sales. I would slit my own throat before I had another yard sale in my life Smile Smile did one, never again!

just me. omg they are so much work for people haggling for ya to cut the price from $1 to .25. LOL
around me, in booney land, people ain't got much bucks so anything 'treasury' and with a price tag on it ain't selling. Anything over the $5 mark at a yard sale around here sits and never gets sold. And the work to put it out, pack it back up....omg ain't ever going down that road again.

good morning dwellers
rainy
do mostly nothing day except SOS

I hate the people garage sales attracted

RE: Good morning - B and C - 08-02-2019

Good morning. Garage sales, ugh. Nothing happening today. Sounds like I might get a small outing tomorrow though.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 08-02-2019

I'm with you on yard sales - I used to try that to raise money and what a waste of time it all was. Never again. I like giving my stuff away. Before I left on my maiden voyage I gave away all the living room furniture and my bed. I'm back now... sitting at a card table... oh well... sleeping in my van where I have a nice bed. Spent the night last night at Cabelas and at Walmart the night before. Tonight will probably go to the rest area. Alternate, alternate, alternate until I am done emptying out this apartment in a month or two. The sooner the better.

I just give it away

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 08-03-2019

yea me too. give away is easiest and ya help someone and you don't have to work too darn hard giving junk away Smile

TA I feel for ya being stuck a bit, but your freedom is coming soon now. hold strong. I love sleeping in rest areas. I don't know why but when we travel we always stop and spend time amongst the truckers. For some reason I actually enjoy it. Others say, no way, the truck noise and such, me, I don't hear a thing, lol

good morning

SOS day here
rain into some sun but more rain around. whatever! Smile
quiet day