VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 09-04-2019

B and C, very cool on that walkabout Smile
I sure hope you can plan that in and enjoy that visit! A wedding too....whoohoo you are becoming the social butterfly Smile
cool

TA be brutal. As we weed thru we get all gushy and sentimental on things again, don't let that go down Smile you clean it out to lighten your life and hit that road as soon as you can!

Hold strong Dean...you are getting 'settled on meds' as your best ones to travel with Smile I am sure your departure will happen for ya!

Good morning dwellers
got 10 am appt for kid's knee...I am sure it is nothing, but with her gimping around best to just go and see

pool covered and done. Now it is all about hiking.

We hiked a short river trail...3.8 miles yesterday. WOW we hit a public Mining Use of River. No sluices or dredge etc...just panning. So me and my metal detector and my pans are planning a gold filled fun day in the near future in this river Smile
can't wait.

mostly do nothing day here. boring type Smile

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 09-04-2019

Panning and detecting ... great fun and I hope you strike it rich. Big nuggets. You never know where they might be lurking.

I got a lot done yesterday. Tried mightily to get my mail forwarding service set up right. They weren't responsive by email or phone yesterday but I got the documents to them and they sent me an email this morning with my new address. I hope DMV likes it as much as I do. Also my insurance company. Not sure who else I'll ever give that address to.

Today I'll be packing up and clearing out what's left in my art studio. Also will sift more books trying to make myself let loose of more of them. I have a ridiculous number of books for a person who reads as slow as I do. I'm also going to organize my giveaway pile and start giving things away, and advertise some furniture for give-away. Plus I have a few bills to pay. So that's what my day looks like.

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 09-05-2019

not too bad of a day TA, it does sound like you are getting a handle on most of it Smile

good morning
kid with sprained knee, no biggie, usual ice it, stay off it, etc. All good, she gets 2 weeks NO gym, she is thrilled beyond thrilled cause her best friend at school had some small surgery before first day of school and she has 3 weeks no gym, so they both get to sit on the bleachers LOL

easy day, to moms to shop, help with with a few things, then home to veg out, few small chores. I ain't doing much today, weather popped up into mid 90s.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 09-05-2019

Good morning!   Smile
Expecting eighties today and sunny in wonderful Oregon.  I am wrapping up my camp host gig, and making a few changes to the van for travelling, changing the van's theme from bedroom & office to: kitchen. Does everyone prefer cooking outside or is it just me?  
Rough summer this year at camp, two camps were actually fired on this year as opposed to random gunfire in the area. We were taking rifle fire and thankfully no one was hit. Thank you trees. That is the down side of camp hosting, that you are stuck there until the end of season even when the neighborhood gets dangerous. On the positive side, many people returned who came two years ago for the eclipse event, so that was fun. The river was awesome as usual. The highlight of the summer happened early when the pink ladys slippers bloomed. That was so cool.    ~crofter

RE: Good morning - Dean and Buster - 09-05-2019

I cook in the van or out side of the van I normally cook outside of the van and I am at a friend's place and still cook on the grill.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 09-05-2019

Cooking outside makes every day a picnic  Smile
  ~Crofter

we grill our meats outside the rv then do a few small sides inside, like something small in a pot on the stove.
we do super simple meals. Meat and taters. Meat and rice. Meat and veg....done deal Smile

Crofter why in heaven's name are you getting fired upon in the sites? I mean....HELL IF that ain't just horrible....what reasons for this stupid crap that can get ya killed? ugh

RE: Good morning - Dean and Buster - 09-05-2019

Grill cooking is probably better for us anyway gets the fat of the food better

ahhh, well any meats I do cook on the grill, when it gets inside on my plate I add a pat of butter and some seasoning.
being a no carb eater I need fat Smile when I fry in the house in a pan, ALL fat and juice and the good stuff goes over my meats LOL

grill cooking has its bad parts if you believe in them, like the char...isn't it cancer causing etc? all that crap about that? ugh

best we don't eat at all I think thru life HAHA

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 09-05-2019

I'd like to know why the campgrounds are getting rifle fire. Could it be hunters? Drug dealers? What?

I don't cook inside or outside of my van. I don't see much need for it. I may do some small scale cooking later on after I get used to living in my van for a while. Maybe, like warming up veggies or heating water for tea. My needs are minimal. I've been dieting. I bought a Hot Logic Mini (12v) to warm up Lean Cuisine frozen dinners... but I haven't used it yet.

I recently bought a dresser that I'd like to transform into a kitchen area... but that's so far down the line I haven't done anything to it yet. Mainly my time right now is consumed with emptying my apartment.