VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - Weldman - 09-18-2019

(09-18-2019, 12:30 PM)HalfShadows Wrote:  Hope you don't drain the sun!
If I do I don’t think the residents in the south will complain.  Tongue

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 09-18-2019

Hello people - I'm having a change of plans - I will stay here another week because I'm not ready to go. The trailer isn't transferred to me yet and I need to pack, and repack more things. I'm going to use the week to try to discard about half of what I've still got. Way too much stuff, and I've already been downsizing for a month now. There's a limit to what will fit in the van, and I don't want a cluttered or heavy trailer. When I get to California it will be to spend a few days in the Mother Lode. It has been so long since I've been there... and I only hope I can find a good pull-through parking space wherever I go.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 09-18-2019

No wind to speak of, just a constant sprinkle to light rain with some breaks. This is a mild tropical depression.

1200 watts, I can only drool.

RE: Good morning - RoamerRV428 - 09-19-2019

TA you are doing so great. Another week to get 'ready' to hit the road won't hurt ya Smile Soon tho, real soon Smile

Hey, yea, take some of this South sun! No worries, send us some rain in return!!

good morning
do nothing day mostly
our normal visit and shop trip with my 91 yr old mom
other than that got nothing on the agenda

RE: Good morning - Dean and Buster - 09-19-2019

Hi dwellers cleaned out the garage and was interesting the stuff I keep around and now gone.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 09-19-2019

(09-19-2019, 04:38 AM)Dean and Buster Wrote:  Hi dwellers cleaned out the garage and was interesting the stuff I keep around and now gone.
what...you got rid of the garage and kept the stuff?....that is a creative solution.
People I know typically get rid of the house along with the garage.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 09-19-2019

Good morning. Continuous purge it seems.

Emptied the rain gauge this morning, another three inches for a two day total of nine. Raining pretty good out there right now. All this rain will take a couple 25# bags of salt for the pool.

RE: Good morning - MaTaLa - 09-19-2019

Good morning from BLM Concho Reservoir AZ, few miles SW of St. Johns on Hwy 61.
59 degrees. Got about 15 primitive sites and 7 day limit. 
Not much of a body of water here any more.

Headed into Phoenix area tomorrow for Dr. and storage room visit then back to this area to look at 36 off grid, unrestricted acres to purchase this weekend.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 09-19-2019

OK, this is getting serious. From 8 AM to 11 AM we got another 7 inches and it is still raining, just not as hard. Schools are closed today and the son came home from work and had to drive through a lot of high water. This is why there are a lot of jacked up pickups here, standing water but the son's pickup is not. At least we are on high ground. The water will have to rise another 8 feet at least to get to us. Drainage is to the lake nearby that flooded badly during Harvey but here remained dry.

Total so far 16 inches in 2 1/2 days.

RE: Good morning - Weldman - 09-19-2019

(09-19-2019, 11:09 AM)B and C Wrote:  OK, this is getting serious.  From 8 AM to 11 AM we got another 7 inches and it is still raining, just not as hard.  Schools are closed today and the son came home from work and had to drive through a lot of high water.  This is why there are a lot of jacked up pickups here, standing water but the son's pickup is not.  At least we are on high ground.  The water will have to rise another 8 feet at least to get to us.  Drainage is to the lake nearby that flooded badly during Harvey but here remained dry.

Total so far 16 inches in 2 1/2 days.
Remember Ike, now that was a oh shit moment. It helps clean the air with that much rain, I remember how eerie quiet and clean smelling after each hurricane or tropical storm/depression. 
Anywho... good morning putting solar racks together still... it’s actually sunshine here