VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 09-25-2019

Yes, I could give away more books! Chances are I'll never get around to reading most of them. I have a few I've read and want to review for my BookTube channel (on YouTube) . . . they will go with me on this adventure and I'll give them away when I'm done reviewing them. Probably I'll seek out the little libraries people are putting in their yards, and gift them there. Sounds like fun to me.

Anyhow, I like your philosophy of giving precious things away. I will do more of that when I return from my winter trip to Arizona and other southern areas. I expect to be here again next spring and will give the downsizing another go then.

Right now my focus is to get the rest of the things in this apartment out of it ... and clean it. Tomorrow morning is the walk-through, hopefully. I'm ready to move on.

Still no cargo trailer. I will stay in this area until that becomes available. At least, that is my current plan.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 09-26-2019

Good morning! 55 degrees in OR feels like winter. I am on the road finally --crofter

RE: Good morning - Weldman - 09-26-2019

(09-26-2019, 09:09 AM)crofter Wrote:  Good morning! 55 degrees in OR feels like winter. I am on the road finally --crofter
Good morning... seems to never get past 55 here hehe. Renogy having a sale and I’m drooling on getting 4 to 8 more panels. Since I have moved the rig out of the clouds it’s better on temperature and rain, I have dried out the past 2 days.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 09-26-2019

Good afternoon. Passing thru brothers or and 72 degrees and gusty at 17 mph...watching out for semis that are blowing me around.    -crofter

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 09-27-2019

Almost 8pm and I'm finally here. Morning is a state of mind. It is cold here. I'm getting the van serviced next Wednesday. Still after two weeks, the seller isn't getting his copy of the title from DMV. I'll give it another week but time is getting tight and I'm not fond of the current temperatures, especially in the morning... in my uninsulated van. Why does winter have to come?

RE: Good morning - crofter - 09-27-2019

(09-26-2019, 05:53 PM)crofter Wrote:  .watching out for semis that are blowing me around.    -crofter

Good eveningI'm taking a break from driving- wind advisory Hoover dam area with 31 mph gusts. 77 degrees makes it a nice evening for driving.   -crofter

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 09-27-2019

(09-27-2019, 08:52 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Almost 8pm and I'm finally here. Morning is a state of mind. It is cold here. I'm getting the van serviced next Wednesday. Still after two weeks, the seller isn't getting his copy of the title from DMV. I'll give it another week but time is getting tight and I'm not fond of the current temperatures, especially in the morning... in my uninsulated van. Why does winter have to come?
You will be out of there before much longer.  I will be stuck in it for much longer than I had hoped. But at least I have insulation in my trailer and access to electricity so that while I am finishing the interior I can be toasty while I work. In fact much warmer than inside the building where I sleep while doing the build.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 09-28-2019

@Crofter... hope you get through this wind storm alright ... sounds scary. I dread high winds ... I've been wondering how to get through to CA as most routes have notoriously high winds and I have high roof van and cargo trailer!

@Maki... so glad you're in a warm trailer. I just remade my bed and added another blanket and am now happy and warm under the covers. One great advantage to having to use a CPAP machine is that I can get under the covers and get fresh air pumped in to me through the hose. I'm loving that. Now... I want to get some sleep. I'm nearly to the end of reading Walden on Wheels.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 09-28-2019

Good morning. Progress all around and here I sit. Have a great day everyone.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 09-28-2019

Good morning. It is snowing in North Idaho this morning. 36 degrees but "feels like 25" according to the weather report. I finished reading Walden on Wheels this morning as I huddled under my sleeping bag, unwilling to get up. Van tells me I have low tire pressure. I have an appt for van servicing on Wednesday. Can it wait for then? It is seriously snowing here ... maybe I'll go to the library, the laundromat, a restaurant? I bought the buddy heater but haven't figured out how to use it. Maybe YouTube will show me.