VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 10-13-2019

Hello from Northern California... so happy to be out of North Idaho with freezing morning temps. Trailer is a trooper.. followed me all the way home to the Klamath River Valley.

RE: Good morning - badmotorscooter - 10-13-2019

A typical 50/50 mix of antifreeze is rated down to -34 f. Provided your antifreeze is not too old and the coolant system is properly filled, you should be ready for most anything in the lower 48.

In an extreme situation you can block the airflow through the radiator with a piece of cardboard. Just make sure you don't impede the radiator fan.

RE: Good morning - Dean and Buster - 10-13-2019

Hi dwellers still in MissouriĀ  might be here till spring but that's fine did a couple of camping trips sold the camper have been sleeping in the van

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 10-14-2019

Glad you've been camping, Dean. I'm in a RV park in the center of a small town.. a friend owns it. I can walk to everything. Good WiFi but cell signal makes me want to buy WeBoost. My son was here yesterday helping me empty the van... putting more in the trailer so I can insulate the van.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 10-14-2019

(10-14-2019, 09:18 AM)travelaround Wrote:  Glad you've been camping, Dean. I'm in a RV park in the center of a small town.. a friend owns it. I can walk to everything. Good WiFi but cell signal makes me want to buy WeBoost. My son was here yesterday helping me empty the van... putting more in the trailer so I can insulate the van.
So glad you are out of the cold and into a place where you can start making improvements.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 10-14-2019

It was a nice day with sun and no rain. The kind of fall weather much more typical than the wet sloppy, abnormal weather of the last 6 weeks inĀ  Seattle. The steel tubing for my new trailer frame came home today on my friends van. You can see one of the neighborhood's maple trees in the background that has turned golden. Other varieties of maple trees are still mostly green, we have not yet had a frost.
[attachment=24697]

RE: Good morning - crofter - 10-15-2019

22 degrees last night in Mcdermitt NV. Layering did the trick and warm blankets, no need for heat yet. Nice day in eastern OR, 66 degrees and sagebrush. -crofter

Good morning - Cammalu - 10-17-2019

See ya later alligator.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 10-17-2019

Wow... exciting developments here, but where are Brian, Dean, and Roamer? I haven't posted in a few days either... where have I been? Sorting things out in Happy Camp and trying to develop some rhythm to my days and get things done.

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 10-17-2019

Positive criticism, ideas about how to make things better, opinions in general of how to live cheaply in an RV, suggestions of how to fix and do things are welcome here in my opinion. Posting proven referenced facts that may contradict suggestions without negative comments or criticism that shed light or educate posters are also welcomed. Everyone gets to decide what information they chose to use and believe. You can even post what you have or will do even if it results in you becoming a member of the "You Ain't Right Club". We have a "Thank You" button back finally which I really missed but you will note no "Stupid,Idiot, or Dumb" buttons as this site deals a lot with questions and around here there are no questions that are in those categories. "No negative waves" just positive ways the posters feel or think will make things better and no one has to accept them if they don't want to. Made it over Bull Creek Pass with only one slashed side wall going really slow but went through a creek with a lot of slate. Got to show my daughter the Henry Mountains and how to install several tire plugs and limp the 20 miles into Hanksville Utah. Out of at least a half dozen trips this is the first time I have gotten this close without cutting a side wall! Crazy fun!!!