VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 10-26-2019

Spent time today with my son. He will help install a shore power inlet for my van next weekend or as soon as I get the hardware. Went to his friend's home... a deputy who has been on leave for months due to an injury. Saw patrol car in his yard and asked about it. He said it is his... he doesn't share with other deputies even when he can't work. I learn something new every day. He has my son's old pickup stored there... it needs an engine and we talked about fixing that since a woman in Medford ran into his newer truck and broke the rear axle.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 10-27-2019

(10-26-2019, 08:36 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Spent time today with my son. He will help install a shore power inlet for my van next weekend or as soon as I get the hardware. Went to his friend's home... a deputy who has been on leave for months due to an injury. Saw patrol car in his yard and asked about it. He said it is his... he doesn't share with other deputies even when he can't work. I learn something new every day. He has my son's old pickup stored there... it needs an engine and we talked about fixing that since a woman in Medford ran into his newer truck and broke the rear axle.
In some towns they like their officers to take the patrol cars home when off duty. It does a variety of things. If the officer gets a call to get to a scene or the station PDQ then they have a siren and can get there much faster. It also is a visible police presence in neighborhoods and on the streets they travel which is a real crime deterrent. Plus another real advantage is some police stations don't have a big, fenced yard to store patrol cars in or the private cars of officers. It is also a perk of employment that adds a car to a family with no extra cost for insurance, maintenance or purchase price either.

RE: Good morning - SheketEchad - 10-27-2019

I'll be visiting Bisbee in the near future, so thanks for the tips on things to do, HalfShadows.

It's much warmer here today and rain is called for all day off and on, the day I have to pack the van for my next adventure Sad

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 10-27-2019

Maki - in this town we're 70+ miles from the main sheriff's department. Since our only resident deputy is injured, that's probably the only car they have here unless they send someone else in to patrol. Sometimes the highway patrol fills in for him.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 10-27-2019

Good morning. Great weather here today and tomorrow. Rain on Tuesday and Wednesday when the front gets here with highs in the upper 50's on Friday with clear skies. Soo wishing I could get outta here.

Everyone have a great day.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 10-28-2019

Wishing you could get out too, Brian.

Yesterday I was approached by a man who said he'd been watching me ... and tried to sell me some cut soapstone. Third time I saw people trying to sell things here in downtown Happy Camp... a bit later Mr. Highway Patrol parked across the street and I walked over to discuss this with him. Basically, I've got my van unhooked from the trailer and am hoping it will not be burglarized while I'm out driving around town. Could be hard to do since I'm parked right in the middle of town across from the Market and Post Office. I have a padlock on the trailer hitch.. hope that's enough. There was a cargo trailer stolen recently in this town but it was also quickly recovered.

Today I'm going to watch my friends' band practice. I'm happy I finally started installing insulation yesterday and I'm getting my heater in the mail tomorrow.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 10-28-2019

Sunny day today, freezing nights tho. I am having a rest day working on some pics I took yesterday out in the Columbia River Gorge. Fall leaves were still gorgeous and the day was fine.  -crofter

RE: Good morning - B and C - 10-28-2019

Would like to bitch, moan and complain about this morning but I will spare you. I'll leave it at I got my license renewed on the third try by going to a different DPS office. It was ez peezy there.

Hope everyone has a great day.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 10-28-2019

Brian I had my own day getting a license...Washington state plates for my travel trailer. It was partly frustrating but mostly amusing except for paying the fees and sales tax. They just don't know how to handle a 1971 vintage trailer from a company that quit business in 1971 and can't be found in any records in their system. Except that of course before it went to Oregon it was registered in WA state and I know for a fact there are several more of them on the road that have WA state registration. But it all got done with some compromises on their part and on my part too.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 10-28-2019

This was a simple drivers license renewal. The first two tries didn't want to take my eye Dr. orders that I don't need glasses. Today at the new place it was just all we need is the Dr.'s paperwork and I walked out three minutes later. When I called headquarters in Austin, it seems that each location kinda has their own discretion on how this is handled. I drove 90 miles one way to go to the one that removed my restriction in the first place. Got up at 3:45 to be first in line as I needed a family member there to hold my place in line while I stayed with my wife in the van. Got it done so am finally happy. I'll be having lunch with my ex co-workers downtown wednesday and the meeting some friends from australia afterwards for coffee, that is if my DIL will take care of my wife for that. I shall see how that goes. She is not dependable at all.