VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 10-29-2019

My cost was $249.00 for the title transfer and registration including some sales tax.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 10-29-2019

Sunny but cold morning, have the heat on. Today I have orders that came into my Etsy store to ship out and more inventory to get cut and packaged. October, November and December as well as January are always the busiest months. Not complaining about having work to do, the income is sufficient reward for doing it. Not having to go out and work for anyone else is also great.

Good morning - Cammalu - 10-30-2019

Jeezzz. Half the cost of your camper! Those are some heavy fees!!

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 10-30-2019

Good morning. I'm considering buying a house. Another day to work on insulation. My electric heater arrived and makes evenings in the cargo trailer something to look forward to.

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 10-30-2019

We pretty much stay in an RV in one spot six or more months a year in Utah because a rental space and utilities are so cheap compared to living in a house or trying to buy a lot. Seems everywhere we bought property something happened to cause us to move! The fact we could pick up and go made life much better for us, just knowing we could, that we have been here six months every year for 15 years now! We travel and try to stay out of the cold in the winter.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:30 AM)travelaround Wrote:  Good morning.  I'm considering buying a house. Another day to work on insulation. My electric heater arrived and makes evenings in the cargo trailer something to look forward to.
Buying a house?  That is a big turnaround for someone who just bought a van and a cargo trailer. But is very interesting twist of how life sometimes goes when you have laid out new plans.  

Of course I would not mind having a little cabin somewhere as long as I had a free caretaker who gets out of my way when I wanted to be there.

(10-30-2019, 02:14 PM)maki2 Wrote:  Buying a house?  . . . a little cabin somewhere as long as I had a free caretaker who gets out of my way when I wanted to be there.

Yes, totally unexpected, but I met a real estate agent and told her what I wanted and she showed me a place yesterday. Both my son and daughter are into it... so I might have those free caretakers to help out and then I can go travel... knowing that there's a place for my adult children if they need it. Seems like the best use of my money right now... and we all know this place from when we lived here years ago. More information later... we'll see if my offer gets accepted.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 10-30-2019

Late again but I had an excuse. I got out today because it's my birthday, I won't say how old I am but the first number is a seven. Never thought I'd live this long.

Had lunch (BBQ) with my ex coworkers in downtown Houston. I hate big city traffic. Anyway, spent about an hour and a half with them and then headed over to a Starbucks near where some friends from Australia (down under) were staying. They have been having fun (not) driving on the wrong side of the road (for them) and got into the World Series traffic downtown last night right at game start time. Took them 2 hours to go to where their GPS said it would take 20 minutes. Had a great time at both places and was fun catching up.

Now, back to the grind.

Carry on.

Your friends got a taste of the REAL USA culture! Glad you got out and re-energized, Brian.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 10-30-2019

Western OR: Last four nights below freezing with a high yesterday of 32 degrees and last night had a low of 21 degrees. Quite cold I must say for someone who is never cold due to bundling up so much, I was cold anyway. I came back north due to deadlines and commitments. Can't wait to go south again!! It only took a few days to adjust to 90 degrees every day. 

Good on you TA if you can afford property. You could develop a permanent van pad and rent out the house for income. A guy with a tiny house did this in South Dakota, renting out the existing house and setting up a pad for the tiny house in a scenic part of the property. He said he was quite happy with the arrangement and the income. Nice to have a home base. I am a part time dweller, and my winter gig involves taking care of animals while the owners travel. ~crofter