VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - SheketEchad - 11-07-2019

Gorgeous day out here in AZ. Currently 65 and sunny.

Picking out my boondocking site for next week when my vacay starts. But the hot showers have been quite awesome during the work week.

Good to see everyone doing well!

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 11-07-2019

I just saw a guy carrying TWO snow shovels, time to head south! LOL!!!

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-07-2019

Good morning. May not stay here after all... landlady was talking about putting the cargo trailer in storage and that sounds like extra costs.. plus, I want to use my cargo trailer, not just store things in it or store it. The cargo trailer is intended to be my art studio and I also cook and eat in there. I sleep in the van. Looking at options today.

Yesterday I did a lot of measuring for the van insulation and I'm going to do more cuts for that if I have time after seeking rentals for myself and my daughter. I'd like her to get a place where I could park my van/trailer in her driveway.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-07-2019

Got the fiberglass trailer shell properly centered on the new frame this morning so the wheels are on the ground now Smile Heading out to purchase the new hardware to bolt the shell to the frame. It is rather fun to know that a heavy duty steel trailer frame was financed by selling little bits of cardstock that assemble into tiny little buildings.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-07-2019

I have to say, I admire so much the kinds of work you're doing, Maki - both the cardstock buildings and the trailer renovation. How I wish I were so talented!!

Yes, just after 9pm here. I'm cheating again. Can't wait until morning. Just got home from a meeting.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 11-08-2019

Another gorgeous day in OR, 60's plus and warm enough now to work on gluing up insulation onto the ceiling of the van. Then my miles long to do list after that.    ~crofter

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-08-2019

Maybe we should have a Good Evening thread on here too as that's when I get around to posting here much of the time.

6pm - dinner prep in progress. Lentil soup and quesadillas and warm coffee type drink. Blueberry yogurt for desert. A feast... I'm just waiting for the cheese to melt in my tiny quesadillas in the HotLogic Mini. I'm getting fancy over here.

Good news of the day... alternate rental acquired.
I walked into the Deli today and Debbie was there. I asked if I could moochdock in her yard (she'd offered before) . . . told her I was looking for a rental for my daughter and her family. She introduced me to Ken and Sherry, sitting right behind her... they own a whole gulch and hillside full of cabins just outside of town.

I went to their gulch and took photos of two large cabins... my daughter looked at the photos and chose the four bedroom cabin! I rented it for her! She should be here in two weeks.

Went to get the mail and when I came out of the Post Office, my son was there in his friends' car. Great blessing. He's a professional truck driver. He will go with me to look at the cabin parking situation tomorrow, and help me move the van and cargo trailer up there, and will install my shore power inlet.

I will get electricity and internet turned on, and camp in the yard of the cabin or on the hillside below it while Ken fixes the cabin a bit more and while my daughter packs and drives down here. They are leaving their skoolie in Idaho for now because it needs 4 new tires. So for now, everything is working out amazingly!! Everything fell right into place.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 11-08-2019

Awesome find TA! Happy housewarming, or should I say yard warming tee hee.  That will be great for you to have family close.

My insulation project came off without a hitch, drying now and pics in the insulation thread.    ~crofter

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-08-2019

Cool... I'll go over to the insulation thread and have a look/see. Insulation is on my mind!

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-08-2019

(11-07-2019, 11:11 PM)travelaround Wrote:  I have to say, I admire so much the kinds of work you're doing, Maki - both the cardstock buildings and the trailer renovation. How I wish I were so talented!!

Yes, just after 9pm here. I'm cheating again. Can't wait until morning. Just got home from a meeting.
Talent comes from the act of doing things over and over again until you achieve a bit of skill at it. I just like making things and I like architecture. I have always had those interest even as a very young child. I was not good at it when I was young, no one is. Fine motor skills don't develop until around the age of 8. That is why they have really fat crayons for toddlers who can't achieve a delicate, controlled grasp on an object. That is why first graders have large diameter pencils. Like everyone I look back at my first attempts at things and tend to cringe when I see them again after I have been doing something for a while longer.