VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-08-2019

@TA. so glad to hear you found a great place to stay and are developing a good support system for when you need it.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-08-2019

Crofter and Maki - since we're on the West Coast it would be nice to boondock somewhere together for a few days...? You're welcome to explore the Klamath River Valley... come south!

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-08-2019

(11-08-2019, 09:47 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Crofter and Maki - since we're on the West Coast it would be nice to boondock somewhere together for a few days...? You're welcome to explore the Klamath River Valley... come south!
Maybe someday I will be in that area. I have no idea what my schedule is going to be. Working on the trailer frame project messed with my wrist a bit. That will slow down progress. Oh well one step forward, one step back. That seems to be the only dance I can manage at the moment. Creeping forward in what feels like slow motion but at the same time getting some major issues taken care of.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-09-2019

If you ever show up here, I hope it is warm... and I can share my boondocking spots with you.

I just realized I'm not going to be happy at the new place for a few nights with no electricity or internet until I get that hooked up. Oh... it will be terrible... cold... whatever. I have to get over it, be strong and go through it. Changes are hard. I probably won't be able to get the electricity turned on until Tuesday. I can still use the propane heater, but not my favorite thing... with all the condensation.

Good morning - I'm waiting for my son to show up so we can analyze the move-in situation together. I'm wondering if it will even be possible to get my cargo trailer up that hill to the house I rented for my daughter. I might wait until Tuesday as my space rent is paid up here until then. And I need a real shower and laundry done today. Vanlife! The excitement never ends.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 01:34 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Good morning - I'm waiting for my son to show up so we can analyze the move-in situation together. I'm wondering if it will even be possible to get my cargo trailer up that hill to the house I rented for my daughter. I might wait until Tuesday as my space rent is paid up here until then. And I need a real shower and laundry done today. Vanlife! The excitement never ends.
Better to be patient and stay warm. If it can't go up the hill then hopefully there is another nearby parking space. It will all get sorted out within a few days time. Just remember how far you have already come on this journey of making changes.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 11-09-2019

(11-08-2019, 09:47 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Crofter and Maki - since we're on the West Coast it would be nice to boondock somewhere together for a few days...? You're welcome to explore the Klamath River Valley... come south!
50's and grey skies in OR.
Thanks for the invite TA! Winter camping is always fun, but I noticed that it is not really winter there yet. You are 30 degrees warmer than here. My next travel date is in January, so I'll pm you when I am getting ready to go.   ~crofter

January is the month most likely to have snow storms here. If/when you come, it is best to drive in from Yreka. The pass north to Cave Junction, Oregon is closed all winter. Don't drive on the river highway early in the morning - to avoid black ice. If there's snow I wouldn't even drive it in the afternoon. Drive slow. 55mph is the legal limit on Hwy. 96 (except for curves) but in my opinion that's a dangerous speed. I like to go 35-40 and pull over if there's a speedy person behind me. Lots of places to pull over. In the many years I've been here, people have gone into the river from driving fast, especially in cold weather. It would be best to come in spring or summer.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-09-2019

I will be going down 101, not down I-5. I have been down both in the months of December and January. The coast road is by far the easier one for me when pulling my little trailer with a 4 cylinder vehicle. Slow and stead wins the race when you are a turtle. I can handle a spell of cold weather, very efficient diesel heater in a small insulated space. On the road I can hunker down someplace safe and wait it out comfortably until the roads are safe to travel on.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 07:29 PM)travelaround Wrote:  It would be best to come in spring or summer.
Sounds good. Those rivers do come with their share of hazards as well as beauty, winter travel being one of them.    ~crofter