VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-18-2019

Good weather ahead and that is putting a smile on my face. I am eager to get back to work on my build. First priority, maybe Weds or Thurs after things dry out is to get the shell properly bolted down to the new frame. The take the trailer next door to a level parking lot next door to measure for the new stinger. The old frame had an extended height on the tongue coupler so I need a different stinger for the ball.

RE: Good morning - SheketEchad - 11-19-2019

A balmy 50 this morning in advance of the flash flood warnings up on high. Glad I'm out of the canyon even though I dislike RV parks. Only a few more days until Quartzsite bound!

Terrific Tuesday to all...

RE: Good morning - crofter - 11-19-2019

48 degrees on Hood and raining with those dark grey skies that just seem to stay. Lows are in the 30's this week. Frogs have not hibernated yet and bears and lions are still running around. Do lions hibernate? Don't think so.   -crofter

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-19-2019

Sadly, the lions are awake during winter. Lovely afternoon reading next to the Klamath River... Some rain but I saw some sunshine. A brief golden respite from misty gray. Feeling like a happy, well adjusted vandweller right now.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-21-2019

Hello and good morning. It is getting colder here in the Klamath River Valley. Today I am shower seeking... I will go to the house I rented for my daughter for that - she still isn't here - and I have a meeting to attend this evening. Hot coffee, a Clif Bar for breakfast... seems like everything is going according to plan . . . . my latest approach to the cold mornings is to ignore the cold and do it anyway (get dressed, turn on the van, and get out of there.) I boondocked at a highway pullout next to the Klamath River last night. I'm getting nervier... last July I wanted only to sleep in places not visible from the highway (a winding 2 lane highway through the mountains next to the river) . . . and now my priority is to have cell phone receptivity. I'm sleeping in different places every night (sometimes repeating but not consecutively) ... wonder if Forest Service will ever consider me over my dispersed camping stay in the area - at which point I could resort to staying on private property as I've had quite a few offers already.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 11-21-2019

Roadside pullouts are not under the control of the Forest Service unless you are on a national forest service road. At least that is my understanding.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-21-2019

Thanks Brian - that is good to know. That helps... because they are becoming my best place to park, for the cell phone service. Nobody around here seems to mind that - of course, it is normal to see travelers in RVs of all types parking all over this region. It is a recreational area, especially because of the gold prospecting.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 11-21-2019

(11-21-2019, 11:09 AM)travelaround Wrote:   I could resort to staying on private property as I've had quite a few offers already.
Getting a sunny day here in the 50's.
@TA You might want to develop one of those private spots, that could be a good resource for you. The ones that include caring for animals can surely limit your travel options, can't just pick up and go. I don't regret my time with the dogs, even tho I do miss a few gatherings.  -crofter

RE: Good morning - SheketEchad - 11-21-2019

The sun peeketh out after much rain and wind to beat the band! Now if only the BBQ joint actually opens today!
Currently 51 and sunny, but still windy.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-21-2019

Chilly overnight temps here in Seattle. Off to a slow start just packing up orders to take to the post office. Then I will be busy getting a start on securing the fiberglass trailer shell to the new frame. It is a two person job and my friend and his dog have just arrived to help with that task.