VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-26-2019

Whatever it is we must adjust. All is well. I am parking next to the post office. It is flat. It is between the store and coffee place. I have a heater when I turn on the van. I have blankets the rest of the time.

Clerk at the store asked me what I'll do when the temperature goes lower. I mumbled something about my daughter coming to live here. But didn't mention that will not make me want to stay in her house.

I like my van bed and van privacy and van independence. I may go to her house for an occasional shower but that is it. If it gets colder I'll layer on more clothes. Blankets. Whatever it takes.

Right now I'm sitting in the driver's seat with a towel across my lap and the Hotlogic Mini inside that, keeping me warm. Since I've been sitting here there's been a couple more inches of snow. I'm getting to the point where I don't care about the cold. Just another day of vanlife.

RE: Good morning - SheketEchad - 11-28-2019

Happy Thanksgiving, Dean and Buster!

Warmer here this morning in advance of the weather. Hope everyone finds something to be thankful for today!

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-28-2019

Happy Thanksgiving ... this town has a community Thanksgiving dinner... everyone invited. I slept next to the river last night.. near the rapids. The van is much warmer now with insulation nearly done. Can't wait to be able to do the curtains.. but that is up the snowy hill. Maybe I'll go back there to work on them on Monday.

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 11-28-2019

Happy Thanksgiving, Dean and Buster! (and everyone else). Snow here today.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-28-2019

We have snow too but I'm happy to say it is just lying on the ground melting.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 11-28-2019

Happy Thanksgiving Dean (where are you?) and everyone else. Sixty nine degrees and cloudy. Hopefully no snow at all this year. We had some a couple of years ago.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-28-2019

Sunny but very brisk in Seattle, Puget Sound is a bit rough from a small amount of wind. Currently 44 degrees but the wind chill makes it feel a little colder. I had a free turkey so I roasted it starting late yesterday afternoon. Surprisingly I could fit a 13lb turkey into my countertop convection oven. I am still at the workshop so I have plenty of electricity for the oven. But not a lot of heat in the workshop space which is why I cooked it here in the late evening, that way either the heat was free or the energy to cook the turkey was free.

My workshop partner love open faced turkey sandwiches with sides of mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. So that is what I served for our Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. It was indeed a fine tasting meal.

He brought desert, cherry turnovers from a fantastic Danish style bakery that is in the neighborhood. I am providing the deluxe vanilla ice cream. If you ever come through Seattle be sure to stop at Larsen's https://www.larsensbakery.com/

I won't be taking the whole day off. I will stream in some movies and turn on my cutting machine and package up some of the kits I make for sale. Inventory is getting low on the most popular items and I still have 2 busy months of sales left. Not sure why but January is always just about as busy as December, something I give thanks for as I still have a few things to buy such as a cell phone antenna/amplifier.

RE: Good morning - wimc - 11-29-2019

Good evening or morning.

Hope everyone had a decent Thanksgiving.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 11-29-2019

Good morning. In food hangover mode this morning. I couldn't even finish a glass of wine after eating.

RE: Good morning - crofter - 11-29-2019

(11-29-2019, 08:04 AM)B and C Wrote:   food hangover mode this morning. 
Is that what it's called. Technically 32 degrees here in western OR. But cold enough to freeze up water lines, and my project for today will be thawing them out once it warms up.   
   -crofter