VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - crofter - 11-29-2019

Got everything thawed and working by dumping boiling water on it slowly. If you use my method, be careful of burns. Only one fitting broke & replaced. Good excuse to go to Home Depot on Black Friday.     -crofter

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 11-30-2019

Good morning... done with boondocking roadside for a while. I'm staying at a rental space with a nice shower available. This last week since the snowstorm has been difficult and cold with no heater. I will be able to get electricity here. A friend from church showed me this space after the community Thanksgiving dinner. My daughter is leaving Idaho today and should be here soon.

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 11-30-2019

Wow! Great to have electricity and a hot shower, don't get too used to it though, you'll end up with a travel trailer and hookups. LOL!!! A van is so easy when you travel in warm areas but not so much when it is cold outside. Hope all goes well!

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 11-30-2019

Cold in Seattle this week, below freezing at night. I got out my electric mattress pad because the cold has my arthritis flaring up in my joints. I am not crippled by arthritis, it just makes me slow, clumsy and achy in colder weather plus I don't sleep good with the mild aches and pains. It was good to wake up pain free with some flexibility back for working on projects. Yesterday I was all fumble fingers while trying to work on small stuff with my hands and I could hardly bend down to pick things up off the floor or low shelves. I needed more energy and more strength for finishing the build.

If I can find a parking space today I might stop in at the National Nordic Heritage Museum when I go out to run errands . It opened in a new building last year and I have not yet been for a visit. The gift shop is a fun visit at Christmas time with all of the small traditional Christmas Ornaments. They held a special Nordic themed craft sellers festival the other week. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Nordic_Museum

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-01-2019

Hello and good morning again... cold, but the big snow storm was mostly south of us. I need coffee.

RE: Good morning - B and C - 12-01-2019

Good morning. Fifty nine when I got up with clear skies. Glad the muggy (99% humidity) is gone. No rain yesterday either.

Have a great day everyone!

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 12-01-2019

Well watching the snow totals for Flagstaff. They did manage to get Interstate 40 and 89A back open but will take a few days to get the secondary roads passable. Another storm is due Wednesday but we won't travel until later this month. Snow seems a little early this year but with the temps still getting above freezing during the day roads should clear up but may have to use that 4 wheel drive, just don't want to follow a snow plow like years past!

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-02-2019

Morning is a state of mind. I went to a women's Bibble study this morning at the old log church.. then to senior lunch. Don't let anyone tell you there's no free lunch.. because I get them frequently. Yesterday I walked to the top of the snowbound hill to raid my cargo trailer which is currently parked there. I retrieved my propane heater and burner for heating water... forgot matches, but my buddy heater worked perfectly this morning. Happy me.

RE: Good morning - bullfrog - 12-02-2019

Be careful and make sure you have plenty of ventilation, wet shoes and clothes make for lots of condensation!

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-02-2019

Yes, plenty of ventilation, and a CO monitor... I'm watching it. I'm not a condensation fan either... but so tired of freezing in the mornings... so buddy heater it is. Eventually I'll get my electric heater down here... as I have a place to plug it in, but it was too heavy to carry down the snow covered hillside. Buddy heater was lighter and had a handle. Thanks for caring about my continued existence!!