VanDweller Community Forums
Good morning - Printable Version

+- VanDweller Community Forums (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums)
+-- Forum: VanDweller Community Resources (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic and Chit-Chat (https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Good morning (/showthread.php?tid=32006)

RE: Good morning - Qxxx - 12-02-2019

TA, someone mentioned (on this thread or another) about making a small tent to go over yer head end. This will no doubt retain a lot of heat so you can stick yer nose out of the sleeping bag, and also will trap most of the moisture you breathe from turning into condensation on the walls and ceiling. Have you tried that?

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-03-2019

Not sure why you would want a big heavy heater for nomadic use. All the portable heaters (other than the tiny personal use ones) use the same amount of electricity as none of them are rated for more than 1500 watts. The law says 1500 watts max for safety reasons. Go get yourself a little cube heater and divest yourself of the heavy one. Give it to your daughter for the cabin as a housewarming gift.

My wrist while still a bit sore is now feeling strong enough to get some work done on my build. I went into the trailer yesterday afternoon and started putting away all the clutter of tools and materials. It is pretty cool here in Seattle so I turned on my cube heater. Part of my build was to install insulation under wall paneling and also to put some 3/8" EVA foam insulation on the ceiling. It literally only took 2 minutes to get it warm and toasty in there and that was without any window coverings.

Hopefully now I can get more things done on my build, the to-do list is still a very long one full of small and large jobs to get finished.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-03-2019

Qxxx, I'm not cold in bed.. only in the mornings getting up. Or at night before I get in my bed. My sleeping bag is a good tent ...

This morning there will be a book club meeting and afterward... a memoir writing meeting. Later today my daughter and family will finally reach the cabin I rented for them.

Good morning - Cammalu - 12-03-2019

More pics Maki. Love your rig

(12-03-2019, 01:53 PM)Cammalu Wrote:  More pics Maki. Love your rig
It is a major mess inside at the moment but it will hopefully be better by the end of the day. Woke up trying to figure out the best approach to finessing the angle cuts on the boards that run just below and above the windows. They need compound angle cuts and no two cuts on the trailer will be a match due to all of the various angles of the wall sections. It is a puzzle to be sure, one that will take some time to put together.

(12-03-2019, 01:53 PM)Cammalu Wrote:  More pics Maki. Love your rig
Of course you love it, it is color matched to your putt putt!

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-04-2019

The last of the bolts to hold the trailer shell to the frame were put in place today. Tomorrow the weather should be just good enough to do a little more work underneath before it comes down off the auto ramps. I will hook up the tail light wiring. Then if I really wanted to do so I could hitch it up and roll away to play TT camping even without the build being fully finished. Very tempting!

But on Monday I have reserved some of my friend's time to help me get the solar panel up on the roof and the bolt holes drilled so I had better resist temptation and just spend my time working on prepping for the solar panel installation and get done more of the to-do list items.

RE: Good morning - travelaround - 12-04-2019

Good to hear of your progress, Maki. How is your hand? Was it your hand that was injured?

Developments in my life..

1. My daughter arrived here in our hometown with man and children.. they love the house I rented for them. I'm so glad they do.

2. My son finally bought a truck to replace his Tacoma that was totalled last July when a woman ran into the side of it in Southern Oregon. An answer to my prayers. An old truck but he's clever about fixing them when needed.

3. I was offered a good price on a property purchase here. I'm probably going to do it. Not sure where this is leading but it isn't Arizona. 1/2 acre with an older mobile home, in a neighborhood. Plenty of room for working on vans and my daughter's skoolie if they decide to bring it here from Idaho.

RE: Good morning - maki2 - 12-05-2019

(12-04-2019, 11:16 PM)travelaround Wrote:  Good to hear of your progress, Maki. How is your hand? Was it your hand that was injured?
I had what is known as a FOOSH.   FOOSH is the nickname for an injury caused by having “fallen onto an outstretched hand.” These injuries are among the most common injuries affecting the hands and wrists that occur when trying to break a fall.

The fall fractured two bones in my wrist, the big bone on the thumb side had a hairline fracture. The smaller wrist bone on the side with the little finger fractured in two places. I did not need surgery or a cast, just a wrist brace which I still use as the extra support keeps it stable which helps prevent undo stress on it.

It seems to be healing just fine without any issues. However it will take another 3 months or so to get back to having normal strength.